About Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
As part of Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, our family of hospitals provides comprehensive cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for people facing cancer in our communities. From diagnosis to treatment and survivorship care, our oncology expertise ensures you have access to locally trusted care with the support of a globally recognized network.
Have cancer questions? We can help. askSARAH is a dedicated helpline for your cancer-related questions. Our specially trained nurses are available 24/7, and calls are confidential. Contact askSARAH at (972) 202-8877 or chat online at askSARAHnow.com.
Prostate cancer care in North Texas
The urologic cancer specialists throughout Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Medical City Healthcare offer advanced treatment options for prostate cancer. Following an initial diagnosis, they'll work closely with you to develop and move forward with the most effective plan possible.
For more information about prostate cancer care in North Texas, call askSARAH at (972) 202-8877.
Oncology specialists diagnose and treat all types of prostate cancer at our facilities in the Greater Dallas-Fort Worth area. The types of cancer we treat include:
- Adenocarcinomas, which grow from tissue found in blood vessels and organs and account for almost all prostate cancer cases
- Rare types of prostate cancers, including:
- Sarcomas, which grow from cells found in bones and soft tissues
- Small cell sarcomas, which are an aggressive type of sarcoma
- Neuroendocrine tumors, which grow from neuroendocrine cells (cells that release hormones into the blood)
- Transitional cell carcinomas, which grow from cells found in the urinary system
Prostate cancer care
Urologic-oncology specialists at Medical City Arlington, Medical City Dallas, Medical City Fort Worth and Medical City Plano offer a range of treatment options for prostate cancers. Through our oncology program, they'll work with you to create a comprehensive treatment plan that can include:
- Surgical treatment, such as prostatectomy (removal of all or part of the prostate gland)
- Nonsurgical prostate cancer treatment options, such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Additional resources to help you complete a full recovery
We know a cancer diagnosis affects more than your physical health. That's why cancer support groups are a major part of cancer care at Medical City Healthcare. If you've just learned about a cancer diagnosis, are supporting a loved one through treatment or are transitioning into survivorship, we can connect you with a local community for ongoing care.