About Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
As part of Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, our family of hospitals provides comprehensive cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for people facing cancer in our communities. From diagnosis to treatment and survivorship care, our oncology expertise ensures you have access to locally trusted care with the support of a globally recognized network.
Have cancer questions? We can help. askSARAH is a dedicated helpline for your cancer-related questions. Our specially trained nurses are available 24/7, and calls are confidential. Contact askSARAH at (972) 202-8877 or chat online at askSARAHnow.com.
Breast cancer care in North Texas
Medical City Healthcare hospitals offer advanced tools to screen, diagnose and treat breast cancer. We also offer oncology navigation services, which connect oncology-trained registered nurses with patients for education, guidance and support.
For more information about breast cancer care at Medical City Healthcare, call askSARAH at (972) 202-8877.
Types of breast cancer we treat
We provide care for all types of breast cancer, including:
- Adenocarcinomas (cancer in the tissue that lines organs and blood vessels)
- Angiosarcomas (cancer in the lining of blood vessels and lymph vessels)
- Carcinomas (cancer in the cells of skin or the tissue that lines organs)
- Inflammatory breast cancers (cancer that blocks lymph vessels in the skin of the breast)
- In situ breast cancers (cancer cells that have not spread to another part of the body)
- Invasive breast cancers (cancer that has spread to the surrounding breast tissue)
- Paget's disease of the nipple (cancer cells that collect in or around the nipple)
- Phyllodes tumors (a fast-spreading cancer that does not spread to another part of the body)
Breast cancer screening
We offer leading-edge breast cancer screening. To diagnose your condition, your cancer care team may recommend a breast biopsy, breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and other screening tests.
Breast cancer treatment options
The breast surgeons and oncologists available through our cancer care program offer a complete range of services for breast cancers. This includes traditional cancer treatment options, such as:
- Breast cancer surgery
- Hormonal therapy
- Mastectomy (the complete or partial removal of one or both breasts)
- Radiation therapy
Targeted therapy for breast cancer
Our treatment options go beyond traditional methods and include the latest techniques to target cancer cells. For example, your oncologist may use specialized radiation therapy that works from inside the body using an implant. This method provides a higher daily dose of radiation for a shorter period of time.
In addition to a shorter treatment period compared to external radiation, this internal technique minimizes damage to healthy cells and tissues. It may also be an option in cases where a patient would otherwise be ineligible for care through an implant.
We know a cancer diagnosis affects more than your physical health. That's why cancer support groups are a major part of cancer care at Medical City Healthcare. If you've just learned about a cancer diagnosis, are supporting a loved one through treatment or are transitioning into survivorship, we can connect you with a local community for ongoing care.