About Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
As part of Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, our family of hospitals provides comprehensive cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for people facing cancer in our communities. From diagnosis to treatment and survivorship care, our oncology expertise ensures you have access to locally trusted care with the support of a globally recognized network.
Have cancer questions? We can help. askSARAH is a dedicated helpline for your cancer-related questions. Our specially trained nurses are available 24/7, and calls are confidential. Contact askSARAH at (972) 202-8877 or chat online at askSARAHnow.com.
Brain cancer and spinal tumor care in North Texas
The neurosurgeons and neuro-oncologists throughout Medical City Healthcare offer advanced treatment for all types of brain and spinal tumors. With facilities located throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area, you have access to comprehensive and convenient brain and spinal tumor care in North Texas.
For more information about our brain cancer services, call askSARAH at (972) 202-8877.
Brain and spine tumors we treat
Working with specialists from our oncology program and neurology program, you'll have access to high-quality services for your specific diagnosis. We treat all types of brain and spinal tumors, including:
- Meningiomas, which develop in the layers of tissue surrounding the outer part of the brain and spinal cord
- Gliomas, which are fast-growing brain tumors
- Embryonal tumors, which are fast-growing, start in the central nervous system and are more common in younger children and rarely seen in adults
- Medulloblastomas, which are a type of embryonal tumor and typically form in the cerebellum
- Gangliomas, which are typically slow-growing tumors rarely seen in adults
- Schwannomas (neurilemmomas), which are central nervous system tumors that are typically benign but can cause problems if they press on the spinal cord
- Craniopharyngiomas, which are slow-growing tumors that develop between the pituitary gland and the brain and are more common in children
- Pineal tumors, which are pineal gland tumors that are more common in children
- Mixed glial and neuronal tumors, which are most often seen in children and young adults
- Metastatic carcinomas, which are secondary tumors that have spread to the brain or spinal cord from another part of the body
- Other less common types of cancers and tumors that can start in or near the brain
Brain cancer and spinal tumor care
The neurosurgeons and oncology specialists at Medical City Dallas, Medical City Fort Worth, Medical City Frisco and Medical City Plano offer complete treatment options for central nervous system cancers. Through our North Texas oncology program, you'll have access to:
- Nonsurgical treatment options, such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Cancer rehabilitation
We know a cancer diagnosis affects more than your physical health. That's why cancer support groups are a major part of cancer care at Medical City Healthcare. If you've just learned about a cancer diagnosis, are supporting a loved one through treatment or are transitioning into survivorship, we can connect you with a local community for ongoing care.