COVID-19 and Pregnancy - An Update for our Patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing safe and effective care to every patient who walks through our doors.
Women's health services in Dallas, Texas
Our mission is to help women maintain optimal health throughout their lifetime. Our comprehensive women's services span from annual breast imaging and breast cancer care to high-risk pregnancy care. Medical City Dallas Women's Hospital is also home to a large labor and delivery department, offering care for mothers during and after pregnancy.
A Level IV maternal designated facility provides comprehensive care for pregnant and postpartum patients with low risk conditions to the most complex medical, surgical and/or obstetrical conditions that present a high risk. The designation ensures access to on-site consultation to a comprehensive range of medical and maternal subspecialists, surgical specialists and behavioral health specialists.
To learn more about the women's services offered at Medical City Dallas, call our Ask a Nurse free, 24-hour nurse line (844) 671-4204.
Medical City Dallas Women's Hospital
Medical City Dallas Women’s Hospital cares for women in every stage of life. The Women’s Hospital is located in Care Tower D and includes 222 private, peaceful patient rooms. Women's services provided at our hospital include:
- Breast cancer treatment
- Breast health screening
- Gynecologic care, including gynecologic oncology and surgery
- High-risk pregnancy care
- Infertility services
- Labor and delivery care
- Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Menopause management
- Postpartum care
- Prenatal care
- Treatment for osteoporosis
- Urogynecologic care
Breast cancer screening and treatment
The Breast Center at Medical City Dallas offers women the easy access they need to advanced breast imaging and screening services. You can take control of your breast health by scheduling your annual mammogram. If breast cancer is detected, oncologists and surgeons at our hospital are here to take care of you. They can provide surgical treatments and follow-up breast reconstruction services.
We are ranked among the best hospitals in the country for gynecologic care, according to the U.S. News & World Report. This is, in part, because the gynecologists at our hospital provide high-quality gynecological and reproductive care. This team of experts works together closely to provide better care for everything from annual exams to surgery, and endometriosis to gynecologic cancers.
Many gynecologic conditions can be effectively treated through surgery. Surgical options vary, but many gynecologic procedures can be performed using minimally invasive techniques, including laparoscopy and robotic surgery. This means a less invasive procedure and a quicker recovery time.
Common gynecologic procedures performed at Medical City Dallas include:
- Removal of the uterus (hysterectomy)
- Uterine fibroid removal (myomectomy)
- Uterine fibroid embolization (minimally invasive method of shrinking uterine fibroids)
- Gynecologic cancer treatment (often through a radical hysterectomy)
- Surgery to provide relief from heavy menstrual bleeding
- Surgical treatment for endometriosis and adenomyosis
Treatment for endometriosis
Endometriosis is a chronic, gynecologic condition in which the lining of the uterus begins to form outside of the uterus, resulting in growth on organs in the pelvis and abdominal cavity. Endometriosis affects more than 5 million women in the U.S. and can cause pain and infertility. We offer several treatment options that are tailored to your needs and desires.
Gynecologic cancer support and education
Medical City Dallas recently started The Next Chapter, a project to celebrate the milestones and victories of women diagnosed with women’s cancers and gynecologic disease. Awareness, prevention and treatment education events are held throughout the year.
Contact one of our nurse navigators at (972) 566-5793 to learn more about The Next Chapter project.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, as many as one in 10 couples fail to conceive within six to 12 months of trying to become pregnant. We are here to help, with teams of fertility specialists who can perform infertility tests and imaging procedures, including:
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)—This test uses fluoroscopic imaging to view the uterus and fallopian tubes, following the injection of a contrast material. It evaluates the openness of the fallopian tubes.
- Pelvic ultrasound—This specialized type of ultrasound monitors and assesses the development of follicles in women undergoing fertility treatments.
Exceptional maternity care
The peaceful, spa-like environment we have created in our labor and delivery rooms makes our hospital the ideal location to deliver your baby in North Texas. In addition to award-winning nursing staff—including gynecologists and obstetricians on-site 24/7 and board-certified perinatologists—we provide access to the medical specialists and experts you need to receive a higher level of care.
Additionally, our Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and full-service children’s hospital are just a few steps away, so you and your baby can receive care all in one convenient location.
According to the American Urogynecologic Society, one-in-three women will experience a pelvic floor disorder in her life. These women need personalized, high-quality care in urogynecology, an OB/GYN subspecialty. We offer that care, helping correct nearly all pelvic floor problems through physical therapy, surgery or medication. Some of these urogynecologic conditions include:
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Urinary incontinence
- Fecal incontinence
- Lower urinary tract symptoms
- Voiding dysfunction
- Hematuria (blood in the urine)
- Pelvic pain
- Pain with intercourse
- Urogenital fistula and complicated obstetric lacerations
- Genitourinary syndrome of menopause
Urogynecologic treatment options
Conservative treatment options include physical therapy and specialized pessary fittings (devices that are inserted to provide pelvic organ support). Surgical treatments may include:
- Mid-urethral and pubovaginal slings
- Urethral bulking injections
- Sacral neuromodulation
- Posterior tibial nerve stimulation (PTNS)
- Cystocele/rectocele repair
- Vaginal vault suspension
- Sacrocolpopexy (corrects vaginal vault prolapse)
- Fistula repair
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™ for 2018-2020
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ for 2018-2020
- Five-Star Recipient for Gynecologic Procedures for 2018-2020
- Five-Star Recipient for Hysterectomy for 2019-2020
Women's care at Medical City Healthcare
Whether you are in adolescence or menopause, seeking preventive care or treatment, your individual needs come first. Our commitment is to support you through every stage of life.Learn about Women's care
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford