Birthing center in Irving, Texas
Medical City Las Colinas helps you design a birthing experience customized to your preferences, from delivery methods to luxury suites. The staff in our labor and delivery unit is here to focus on clinical excellence, so you can focus on creating memories and bonding with your baby. Our hospital has an entire floor devoted to women's services and specially trained staff dedicated to making your time with us as comfortable as possible.
To learn more about birthing options at Medical City Las Colinas, please call our Ask a Nurse free, 24-hour nurse line at (972) 318-6752.
Every mom expects a skilled medical team attending her during labor and delivery, but we think you should expect more. We offer two skilled medical teams at each birth. One team is dedicated to you and your needs. The other is focused completely on your baby’s needs. Both have experience in routine and complicated deliveries. You can choose whether they tend to the newest member of your family at your bedside or in our 18-bed newborn/intermediate care nursery.
We designed each of our private labor, delivery and recovery rooms to make your birth experience safe and welcoming—for your baby and for you. We offer:
- Private labor, delivery and recovery rooms
- 22 private postpartum rooms
- Five-star VIP postpartum suite, featuring a living area and kitchenette
- Your choice in delivery method
- High-risk maternity care
- Childbirth education courses
- 18-bed newborn care nursery
- Breastfeeding support
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Adoption support
- Same-sex partner support
Following birth, we support rooming-in and practice quiet-time hours, so mom and baby can rest.
Medical City Las Colinas is a Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery, Vaginal Delivery and Gynecologic Procedures as awarded by Healthgrades.
Women are seeking ways to customize their birthing experience now more than ever. If a C-section is needed, we make sure you still have choices by offering family-centered C-sections, also known as "gentle cesareans." This specialized type of delivery allows you to be more involved in delivery and immediately begin to bond with your newborn.
Family-centered C-sections allow for immediate, skin-to-skin contact, which offers benefits such as regulating body temperature and heart rate, controlling anxiety and an increased breastfeeding success rate.
Maternity unit tour
Expectant parents planning to deliver their child at Medical City Las Colinas are welcome to participate in a guided tour of our hospital prior to delivery. The tour provides more information surrounding maternity services, labor and delivery suites, postpartum rooms, newborn nursery and hospital amenities. Tour guides are able to answer any questions you have about our hospital.
The hospital tour is free to attend, but we ask that you register to ensure your space on the tour.
Childbirth education classes
We are proud to partner with North Dallas Doula Associates to offer a variety of family education classes to help expectant parents prepare for an exceptional birth. Our childbirth classes give parents-to-be the opportunity to learn about the process of birth and the resources available to manage the challenges of labor. The following classes are offered at our hospital:
- Prepared Childbirth Class—This class spans eight hours and is geared toward expectant parents who desire an interactive, comprehensive childbirth class. Topics discussed include third trimester pregnancy, labor, birth, postpartum period and labor management. The class also includes a tour of our maternity unit. The cost to participate is $125.
- Infant CPR and Safety Class—This two-hour class provides the skills and confidence you need to care for your child in a life-threatening situation. This class is based on the American Heart Association CPR for Friends andFamily. The cost to participate is $40 per person.
- Breastfeeding Class—This course discusses the benefits of breast milk, how to identify hunger cues, how to know if your child is eating enough, possible breastfeeding problems and solutions, pumping and breast milk storage and suggestions for working moms. The cost to participate is $50.
- Baby Care Basics—This class teaches basic newborn skills, such as holding baby, changing diapers and swaddling. This course is recommended for new parents and grandparents. The cost to participate is $45.
For more information about our childbirth classes, please call us at (855) 878-5262.
Labor and delivery at Medical City Healthcare
Just as every baby is unique, so is every delivery. As your partner in care, we provide a customized birthing experience that begins long before your first contraction and continues well after delivery.Learn about Labor and delivery