Birthing center in Dallas, Texas
At Medical City Dallas' Women's Hospital, you and your baby will receive world-class, innovative care from experienced specialists who are experts in serving the complex needs of moms and newborns.
To learn more about delivering your baby at Medical City Dallas' Women's Hospital, call our Ask a Nurse free, 24-hour nurse line at (972) 318-6752.
Personalized maternity care
From the moment you discover you're pregnant, the dedicated team at Medical City Dallas is ready to guide you on your labor and delivery journey as you bring your child into the world.
In addition to an unsurpassed level of care, we offer:
- A state-of-the-art labor and delivery unit and newborn nursery
- Spacious, hotel-like labor and delivery rooms
- A Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- A Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- High-risk maternity care at the Maternal Fetal Institute
- Extensive childbirth preparation courses and prenatal support
- Breastfeeding support with the Texas Ten Step Program
- The only facility in the area with neonatologists and pediatric anesthesiologists on-site 24/7
- Generous visiting hours following delivery
- Advanced infant security system
- Complimentary room service program
- Adoption and same-sex partner support
Labor and delivery rooms
Our Women’s Hospital provides hotel-style, spacious rooms for expectant mothers. Each labor and delivery room is equipped with an entertainment center, free wireless internet access, a refrigerator and a spacious bathroom. We also offer larger, upgraded VIP suites for mothers and families in need of more space.
Our labor and delivery rooms follow quiet-time hours and in-room sleeping accommodations are provided for your partner. Additionally, we support private cord blood banking collections and placenta options.
Luxury maternity suites
Our luxury maternity suites are designed to optimize your comfort while enhancing your family’s experience.
These suites maintain a spa-like atmosphere, with amenities such as:
- Larger bedroom for mothers
- More room for family, including overnight accommodations
- Spa-like bathroom
- Murphy bed for partner
- Hotel-style room services
- Same floor access to the nursery
- Concierge services
- 24/7 access to a lactation consultant
- Eat-in kitchen with refrigerator and coffee maker
- Upgraded linens
- Gourmet chef-prepared celebratory meal
- Family meal options
- High-end finishes
- Spectacular views of the city
We have three levels of luxury suite options: premier, signature and luxe.
Suites are available at an additional cost not covered by insurance. Cost is based on suite selection. Reservations are first-come first-served at labor and delivery check in.
Tour labor and delivery rooms
We invite you to join us for a complimentary tour of the maternity unit at Medical City Dallas, where you'll find our state-of-the-art care is only the beginning. We are here to meet your needs with spacious, comfortable rooms filled with thoughtful touches that will make your experience here unforgettable.
We offer tours of our maternity hospital two times a month. Registration is required but participation is free. Tour groups meet in the Medical City Dallas Women's Hospital lobby in Building D.Register for maternity tour
Labor and delivery preadmission
To better care for you, anticipate your needs and facilitate the admission process to labor and delivery, we ask that you call (972) 566-2252 to make an appointment when you are approximately 26 weeks into your pregnancy.
Appointment hours are from Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm We are closed on holidays and weekends. Our office is located in Building D, on the 10th Floor in Suite 1030.
Prenatal support and education
We are excited that you have chosen Medical City Dallas to be your partner in prenatal care, labor and delivery. We support you in your efforts to become prepared and educated for your childbirth experience.
To register for a childbirth class, please call (972) 566-7111. To learn more about our educational opportunities, please contact our parent education supervisor at (972) 566-7153.
Our educational opportunities will help you learn what to expect during delivery and how to prepare for your hospital stay. Our parent education classes are offered to expectant parents, grandparents and siblings. Our classes include:
- Childbirth eLearning
- Prepared Childbirth Class
- Breastfeeding 101
- Baby Care Basics
- Infant CPR and Childhood Safety
- Sibling Celebration and Tour
- Tool Time for New Dads
- How to be a Grandparent
Medical City Dallas Women's Hospital's Baby Bump Yoga program, set in a calm and peaceful environment, focuses on the breath, the body and your unborn baby. Yoga may help alleviate many of the discomforts of pregnancy by improving circulation, strengthening pelvic muscles and increasing overall comfort. Each class will be led by a certified professional yoga instructor, who is also a labor and delivery nurse.
For your safety, a medical release form, signed by your doctor, must be brought by EVERY class member to her first class. Request the the release by filling out the form below. If you need further assistance, please call Rosemary Zinser at (972) 566-7153.
Following birth, we offer additional yoga options through out Little Bit Yoga class. This class is for new moms and their babies, providing a chance for mothers to discuss common topics about newborn life and ample time for your newborn to socialize.Register for Little Bit Yoga
Your experience at Medical City Dallas' Women's Hospital doesn't end after you deliver. You will stay in your comfortable, spacious hospital room as you recover from delivery and begin to bond with your new baby. We offer the following additional assistance as you enter the postpartum period:
- Birth certificate assistance—For assistance in completing the necessary forms to obtain a birth certificate, call us at (972) 566-7352 or visit us on the eighth floor of Building A in the North Tower.
- Lactation support—The Lactation Department is staffed with nine board-certified lactation consultants. Lactation consultants visit inpatients on a daily basis and see outpatients by referral and appointment only.
- Contact the Breast Pump Rental Station at (972) 566-4580.
- Contact the Outpatient Lactation Clinic at (972) 566-4811.
- Educational resources—We have information sheets for parents to take home to answer all the questions you have once you take your newborn home, including information on safe sleep practices.
Neonatal intensive care—moms and babies stay together
At Medical City Dallas, we give mothers peace of mind by providing the highest level of neonatal intensive care available in our Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). What's more, because our full-service children's hospital, Level IV NICU and Women's Hospital are all located in the same building, you and your child can both receive the care you need in the same location.
Specialty high-risk pregnancy care
We’re the only labor and delivery facility in North Texas with both a full-service children's hospital and adult hospital in the same location, where a mother-to-be with a high-risk pregnancy can stay with her newborn while they both receive treatment.
The Maternal Fetal Institute
The Maternal Fetal Institute at Medical City Dallas offers care for mothers with high-risk pregnancies. This allows any expectant mom to deliver her baby in a facility with a NICU, allowing us to treat and attend to the special needs of both mother and newborn. That means immediate care with no separation anxiety.
Labor and delivery at Medical City Healthcare
Just as every baby is unique, so is every delivery. As your partner in care, we provide a customized birthing experience that begins long before your first contraction and continues well after delivery.Learn about Labor and delivery