Quality breast health services in Dallas, Texas
The Breast Center at Medical City Dallas provides excellent comprehensive and individualized breast care, including advanced risk assessments, testing and treatment options. The Breast Center at Medical City Dallas has received full accreditation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and offers access to innovative biopsy techniques, including less invasive and image-guided procedures.
To learn more about our breast health services, call (844) 671-4204.
Our breast imaging services
We provide comprehensive breast imaging services in Dallas, including:
- 3D mammogram
- 2D screening mammogram
- Diagnostic mammogram
- Breast ultrasound
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy
- Stereotactic biopsy
- Bone densitometry
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
Solis Mammography at Medical City Dallas
Solis Mammography has resumed diagnostic services, bone density procedures and walk-in screening mammograms at most North Texas locations.
Heightened safety precautions include:
- The screening of all staff and patients at the time of arrival
- Continuous and vigorous cleaning of countertops, doorknobs and equipment
- Continued social distancing of 6 feet
- Personal protective equipment for our clinical staff
- Patients must wear a face mask or fabric face covering while in our centers
- No guests or family members are allowed during appointments
If you have a temperature greater than 99.6 F or have respiratory symptoms, such as a cough and/or shortness of breath, please stay home and reschedule your appointment.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (866) 717-2551.
At Medical City Dallas, we are committed to the highest level of accuracy and excellence in patient care. To that end, we’ve partnered with Solis Mammography to serve as our onsite provider of comprehensive breast imaging services.
How to schedule your breast imaging procedure
Schedule an appointment for procedures which do not require a physician's order by calling or setting an online appointment. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Where to go for your breast imaging services
If you are scheduled for a breast imaging service or procedure other than a breast MRI or breast reconstruction, visit this address:
Solis Mammography at Medical City Dallas
7777 Forest Lane
Dallas, TX 75230
We offer breast MRI as a diagnostic imaging tool which produces high-resolution, 3D images of the breast. A breast MRI is most commonly used to determine what stage a disease is at or characterize abnormalities with an implant. A breast MRI is also sometimes performed when mammography is not an option. After your MRI, one of our highly skilled and trained radiologists will interpret the exam, and a signed report will be sent to your physician who will discuss the results with you.
Breast reconstruction options
After a mastectomy, and sometimes after a lumpectomy, you may choose to have surgery to rebuild the breast to help restore what was lost to cancer. Although it is not possible to completely recreate a natural breast and not all patients are candidates for every method of reconstruction, your plastic surgeon can give you guidance on your available options.
Types of breast reconstruction surgery
We offer the full range of breast cancer reconstruction procedures, including some of the newest advances available across the country. All types of reconstruction involve multiple stages, usually a minimum of two surgeries.
In most cases, the first surgery is the biggest, with subsequent surgeries typically performed as outpatient procedures. Many patients will also need nipple and areolar reconstruction, as well as possible adjustment of shape or size before reaching the desired result.
- Breast implants: In some cases, it is possible to place an implant, whether saline or silicone-filled, directly after a mastectomy. However, in most case, it is necessary to first use a tissue expander. The tissue expander is essentially an “empty” implant which can be gradually filled with saline over the course of weeks or months to help stretch the skin in the breast area to the desired size. Once this is achieved, the tissue expander is replaced with an implant. Implant reconstruction allows greater control of the final breast size and typically involves less recovery time than some other methods.
- Latissimus flaps: Latissimus flap reconstruction involves using skin and muscle from the back—in the region over the shoulder blade—and rotating it around to the breast area. This is almost always done in conjunction with a tissue expander or implant to provide additional coverage.
- TRAM (transverse rectus abdominis muscle) flap: The TRAM flap is a reconstruction using tissue from the abdominal area to create a breast, usually without any need for implants. This allows an all-natural-tissue reconstruction but may have some negative impact on the abdominal muscle, which could weaken them or result in the development of hernias. The recovery time from this surgery is typically longer but may be more beneficial for patients who are having radiation.
- DIEP (deep inferior epigastric perforators)/SIEA (superficial inferior epigastric artery) flaps: The DIEP/SIEA flap reconstruction uses tissue from the abdominal area to create a breast, providing an all-natural-tissue reconstruction with reduced risk of abdominal muscle weakness and hernias. Most patients experience less discomfort and a shorter recovery than with a TRAM flap because this is done with a complex microsurgical technique. A Medical City Dallas Breast Center surgeon was the first to bring this new procedure to North Texas. Only a handful of surgeons in the U.S. perform this newer type of reconstruction surgery.
Timing of breast reconstruction
Reconstruction can be done at the same time as the mastectomy, in some cases, or at a later date. There is generally no limit to how long after a mastectomy you may undergo reconstruction. The decision of timing is based on a combination of factors which your doctor can discuss with you. At all times, your cancer treatment is our first priority, and the reconstruction can be timed around it as needed.
Breast health at Medical City Healthcare
From regular checkups and screenings to the latest imaging technologies and treatments, you can access all our expert breast care services at our convenient location.Learn about Breast health