Prenatal healthcare in North Texas
Whether you’re pregnant or just starting to consider adding a new member to your family, the expert OB/GYNs at Medical City hospitals can provide the high-quality prenatal care that you and your baby need and deserve.
One of the most important questions you may have is where's the best place to have my baby in North Texas? Of course, we think it’s at the hospitals of Medical City Healthcare, where you'll find the birthing choices, amenities and clinical expertise you need and expect.
How to find expert prenatal care
It's important to find the right hospital and team to support you through all stages of pregnancy. To help you get started, here are some things to consider when choosing the best hospital and obstetrician for your pregnancy and birth:
- Attend childbirth classes/events at the hospitals you're considering, to get a better understanding of their approach to things such as breastfeeding and delivery methods.
- Look for a hospital that is ready to meet your needs in every situation, including prenatal and postpartum care for you and baby.
- Look for an obstetrician who is able to deliver at, and is familiar with, the hospital you have chosen.
- Meet and know the other partners in your OB/GYN’s office—in the event that you go into labor or have an urgent medical need when your doctor is away.
When you choose an obstetrician who delivers at a Medical City hospital for your prenatal care, you'll have access to all of the above plus personalized labor and delivery services and comprehensive postpartum care.
Childbirth and maternity classes
A big part of prenatal care includes having access to the education or training you need to prepare for a successful childbirth experience. You can begin this preparation and education before becoming pregnant or during any stage of pregnancy. Medical City Healthcare hospitals offer a wide range of maternity/childbirth classes and support groups for pregnant moms, dads, same-sex partners, siblings and grandparents. Some of our classes cover topics such as the Lamaze method, breastfeeding, mommy-and-baby yoga (prenatal yoga), and infant CPR.
Find a class or sign up for a hospital tour.
Prenatal education videos
In addition to our classes and events, you can check out these videos where our medical experts talk about what to expect at a prenatal appointment, when to start taking prenatal vitamins and how to calculate your due date. You can also see our complete video library covering everything from secondary infertility to swaddling a baby.
Critical care for moms and babies
Delivering your baby at a Medical City Healthcare hospital can give you much-needed peace of mind concerning the health and safety of yourself and your infant. We specialize in managing complex, high-risk pregnancies and labor and delivery emergencies.
Additionally, our neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) provide advanced diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical care for infants requiring more critical care. This includes Level III and Level IV NICUs—the highest levels of neonatal care available.
Prenatal specialist care teams
Our board-certified OB/GYNs are here to help you navigate your pregnancy journey from conception to delivery. Many of them have additional medical training in specialized areas, including:
- Maternal-fetal medicine (MFM): These teams of highly trained clinicians and nurses focus on high-risk pregnancies and women with chronic health problems or pregnancy-related health issues.
- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility: More commonly known as fertility specialists, these doctors work with couples who may have difficulty getting pregnant. They are able to provide prenatal diagnoses, evaluation, management, genetic testing, infertility treatments and more.