Comprehensive physical therapy services in North Texas
If you have been injured or recently had surgery, you may be in pain. In order to completely heal, you may need help in the healing process. One useful way to regain your mobility is through rehabilitation with a physical therapist in the Medical City Healthcare network.
Physical therapists are medical professionals who focus on helping patients get back on their feet. They can teach you how to do exercises and stretches to help build strength, increase flexibility and improve range of motion. Depending on your condition, physical therapy may begin while you are still in the hospital and then continue on an outpatient basis.
To learn more about our physical therapy and rehabilitation services, please call (844) 671-4204.
Types of physical therapy
The physical therapists at Medical City Healthcare hospitals provide high-quality care, using evidence-based practices to evaluate you and determine the best course of treatment. We offer a variety of physical therapy services, including:
- Aerobic conditioning
- Balance/fall prevention
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Dry needling
- Gait evaluation and training
- Lymphedema therapy/interventions
- Manual therapy
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Total joint replacement rehabilitation
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation
- Pediatric rehabilitation
When can physical therapy benefit me?
Physical therapy can benefit you if:
- You've been hurt. Whether you've been involved in a sports injury, an automobile accident or even a fall, physical therapy can treat these and other injuries, even after a broken bone has healed.
- You've had surgery. Many surgical procedures can affect muscles, and you may need to rebuild them. Other surgeries can result in physical discomfort. Therapy can help you get stronger and move past the pain.
- You've had a stroke. After a cerebrovascular accident (stroke), your muscles may not move the way they did before. A physical therapist can help you with range of motion and strengthening exercises and offer advice for doing everyday activities.
- You have a spine condition. If you have back pain or a damaged spine, physical therapy can be helpful. Through stretches and adjustments, you may be able to take the pressure off the damaged nerves or muscles.
- You have carpal tunnel syndrome. Repetitive motion (such as working at a computer all day) can cause pain, but physical therapy can assist in strengthening the muscles that have been affected.
- You have arthritis. Many people who have arthritis think exercise will hurt, but it's actually the opposite–physical therapists can help you learn to move your muscles and joints in the right way. Through treatment, you will build muscle strength, which offers your joints more support.
Whether you have a neurological disorder or need therapy after undergoing cancer treatment, occupational therapists are here to help you get back to your regular activities through:
- Carpal tunnel rehabilitation
- Energy conservation
- Hand rehabilitation
Speech therapy is designed for patients with communication problems and speech disorders. Performed by speech-language pathologists, speech therapy techniques are used to improve communication. We offer:
- Dysphagia (swallowing) therapy
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
- Voice therapy
- Modified barium swallow studies
- Fiber-optic endoscopic evaluations of swallowing
- Voice prosthesis
- Speech language rehabilitation
Sports-related therapy and rehabilitation
At Medical City Healthcare, we give you many options for treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries. For more information about our orthopedic services or to schedule an appointment, please call (844) 374-1126.