At Medical City Healthcare, expert heart and vascular specialists offer extensive surgical services for the full range of heart and vascular conditions.
From traditional, open procedures to minimally invasive and robotic-assisted surgery options, our heart and vascular surgery programs are known for offering a full spectrum of services—including transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), heart transplant, surgical bypass, angioplasty, stenting and much more.
At Medical City Healthcare, fellowship-trained cardiovascular surgeons are supported by cardiac team members who diagnose and perform advanced procedures for a variety of cardiovascular conditions, including:
- Coronary artery bypass graft (CABG), an open heart surgery for coronary artery disease
- Catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation (AFib)
- Stent placement, balloon angioplasty and surgical bypass for peripheral artery disease (PAD), atherosclerosis and other conditions
- Valve replacement and repair
- Heart assist devices, including pacemakers, ventricular assist devices (VAD) and implanted cardioverter defibrillators (ICD)
- Intervention for congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Thoracic aortic surgery to repair aortic aneurysms and perform aortic dissections
- Advanced, minimally invasive endovascular procedures and imaging techniques for stroke treatment and neurovascular disorders
- Heart transplant
- Limb preservation and wound care
Robotic-assisted heart surgery
If you need heart surgery and are a candidate for laparoscopic surgery (minimally invasive surgery), you may also qualify for a robotic-assisted surgery.
Benefits of robotic-assisted surgery include:
- Small incisions for quicker healing and less scarring
- A 3D view inside your body
- Instruments that bend and rotate far greater than the human hand
- Enhanced vision, precision and control