Advanced cardiovascular care in Dallas, Texas
When you are having a heart problem, the interventional cardiologists and cardiac surgeons at Medical City Dallas can help. Using the latest diagnostic technology and treatment options, we are able to offer you high quality heart care, tailored to your specific needs.
To learn more about cardiac care at Medical City Dallas, please call (972) 566-7111.
Dallas Valve Institute
At Medical City Heart Hospital, our sister facility, the Dallas Valve Institute meets all of your advanced vascular care needs for peripheral vascular disease, endovascular services, diabetes management, wound care and stroke prevention through a multidisciplinary team of specialists — all on one campus.
For more information about the Dallas Valve Institute, please call (972) 566-5050.
Heart attack care
You should be aware of the signs and symptoms of a heart attack. Despite the way most people think of it, heart attacks rarely strike with a sudden, intense pain. More often, the signs are less obvious and may prevent you from getting help soon enough.
If you experience the following, you should call 911 immediately:
- Chest discomfort
- Discomfort in other areas of the upper body
- Shortness of breath
- Cold sweat
- Abdominal pain
Heart attack warning signs for men and women are different, and it is important to know and understand the differences. Women are more likely than men to experience some of the less common symptoms, particularly shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting and back or jaw pain.
We provide a wide variety of cardiovascular imaging services, including:
- Angiogram (X-ray image of blood vessels)
- Arteriogram (X-ray image of arteries)
- Computed tomography angiography (CTA)
- First pass imaging (determines right ventricle function or pulmonary hypertension)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) angiography
- Angioplasty (opens arteries or veins blocked by plaque)
- Multigated acquisition (evaluates the pumping function of the ventricles)
- Myocardial perfusion imaging (shows how well blood flows through the heart muscle)
- Cardiac MRI
- Viability imaging (detects functional tissue following a heart attack or damage)
- Venogram (X-ray test to show how blood flows through the veins)
Heart arrhythmia care
Medical City Heart Hospital offers high-quality heart arrhythmia care to our patients. The electrophysiology team provides comprehensive diagnosis and therapeutic treatment for a variety of arrhythmias and other cardiac conditions.
Advanced heart treatment and surgery
We are committed to offering advanced cardiovascular treatments to restore your quality of life, including:
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR): A minimally invasive procedure that treats severe aortic stenosis.
- Arterial thrombolysis: A treatment used to dissolve dangerous clots in blood vessels.
- Venous angioplasty: A procedure that treats vein blockages.
- Venous thrombolysis: A procedure that breaks down a blood clot.
- Inferior vena cava filters: These filters are used to prevent the release of a dangerous clot to the lungs.
- Mitral valve repair: A minimally invasive option that relieves degenerative mitral regurgitation in patients who are not able to withstand open heart procedures.
Five–Star Recipient for Valve Surgery for 3 Years in a Row (2021-2023)
Five–Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures for 4 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
Recipient of the Healthgrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care™ in 2024
Heart failure prevention
Through an advanced heart failure program, patients have access to minimally invasive procedures to help treat heart failure as well as a ventricular assist device program. Our advanced care helps to improve the quality of life and outcomes for patients with heart failure.
After you've experienced a cardiac event, such as a heart attack, or undergone a major cardiovascular procedure, cardiac rehabilitation at Medical City Heart Hospital can help. The team meets standards as set by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, offering advanced care and individualized treatment programs.
Cardiology at Medical City Healthcare
Cardiology is the medical treatment of the heart and parts of the circulatory system as they relate to the heart. Cardiologists specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions related to the cardiovascular system.Learn about Cardiology
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Heart Hospital, a Medical City Dallas Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford