About Medical City Dallas
Founded in 1974, Medical City Dallas is recognized for its state-of-the-art medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Offering nearly 100 specialties, we are conveniently located in the heart of North Dallas at Forest Lane and Central Expressway (US 75), just 15 minutes from downtown Dallas and a short drive from North Dallas suburbs. Find driving directions.
Our medical team consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world’s best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs.
We operate as a 876-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference. Our staff is passionate about their work and committed to providing excellent patient care. This has allowed Medical City to become a place where healing, compassion, humanity and simple kindness are celebrated daily.
Awards and recognitions
- U.S. News and World Report 2019-20 Best Hospitals No. 5 in Dallas-Fort Worth (tie) and No. 17 in Texas (tie)
- U.S. News and World Report 2018-19 Best Hospitals No. 3 in Dallas-Fort Worth and No. 6 in Texas
- DNV Comprehensive Stroke Certification (2017)
- Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories(ICAEL) adult transthoracic echo certification, stress echo certification, and transesophageal echocardiogram certification
- Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL) pediatric transthoracic echo certification, transesophageal echocardiogram certification, and fetal echocardiogram certification
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) Accreditation for transfusion lab
- Leapfrog Group Spring 2017 Hospital Safety Score of "A"
- American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines- Resuscitation Gold Award(Pediatrics)
- American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines- Resuscitation Bronze Award(Adult)
- U.S. News and World Report 2017-18 No. 3 in Dallas-Fort Worth and No. 6 in Texas
- U.S. News and World Report 2017-18 No. 19 in Gynecological Care
- National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) Level 4 Epilepsy Center accreditation