About Medical City Dallas
Medical City Dallas is an award-winning, 899-bed hospital recognized for its leading-edge medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Located in Dallas, Texas, the medical team consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many of whom are world-renowned experts in their fields.
Medical City Dallas offers hospitals that specialize in the care of children, women, and adults, as well as the heart and spine.
Fast facts (2020)
28,617 annual admissions
87,007 annual ER visits
4,375 babies delivered
Committed to the care and improvement of human life, Medical City Healthcare strives to deliver excellence always - providing the highest quality, cost-effective healthcare in the communities it serves. With the resources and strength of HCA Healthcare, including 185 hospitals in the United States and England, Medical City Healthcare is one of North Texas' largest and most comprehensive healthcare providers.
Awards and recognitions
- Healthgrades 2022 Patient Safety Excellence Award™ - among the top 5% of all short-term acute care hospitals
- Newsweek recognized Medical City Dallas as a top 75 hospital nationally for patient safety
- “A” Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade for fall 2021
- Excellence Award winner and a 5-star recipient in the Women’s Care Awards as recognized by Healthgrades
- Recognized as a Healthgrades 2021 Patient Safety Excellence AwardTM recipient for the third year in a row.
- Healthgrades 2020 Patient Safety Excellence AwardTM
- Level IV Maternal Designation, the highest level of care designated by the State of Texas
- A Practice Greenhealth 2020 Environmental Excellence Award winner for our sustainability efforts
- Outstanding women’s services in the 2020 Women’s Care Awards by Healthgrades: Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award, Labor and Delivery Excellence Award and Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award
- 5-star recipient for Women’s Care as recognized by Healthgrades
- “A” in The Leapfrog Group’s spring 2019 Hospital Safety Grade.
- Cardiovascular ICU (CVICU) team received the Silver Beacon Award from the AACN American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Medical City Children's Hospital has received the Gold Level ELSO - Extracorporeal Life Support Organization Award for Excellence in Life Support