About Medical City Dallas
Medical City Dallas is an award-winning, 899-bed hospital recognized for its leading-edge medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. Located in Dallas, Texas, the medical team consists of more than 1,700 physicians, many of whom are world-renowned experts in their fields.
Medical City Dallas offers hospitals that specialize in the care of children, women, and adults, as well as the heart and spine.
Fast facts (2020)
26,664 annual admissions
73,768 annual ER visits
4,066 babies delivered
Committed to the care and improvement of human life, Medical City Healthcare strives to deliver excellence always - providing the highest quality, cost-effective healthcare in the communities it serves. With the resources and strength of HCA Healthcare, including 185 hospitals in the United States and England, Medical City Healthcare is one of North Texas' largest and most comprehensive healthcare providers.
Awards and recognitions
- Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award
- S. News and World Report 2019-20 Best Hospitals No. 5 in Dallas-Fort Worth (tie) and No. 17 in Texas (tie)
- S. News and World Report 2018-19 Best Hospitals No. 3 in Dallas-Fort Worth and No. 6 in Texas
- DNV Comprehensive Stroke Certification (2017)
- Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL) adult transthoracic echo certification, stress echo certification, and transesophageal echocardiogram certification
- Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL) pediatric transthoracic echo certification, transesophageal echocardiogram certification, and fetal echocardiogram certification
- American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) Accreditation for transfusion lab
- Leapfrog Group Spring 2017 Hospital Safety Score of "A"
- American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines- Resuscitation Gold Award (Pediatrics)
- American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines- Resuscitation Bronze Award (Adult)
- S. News and World Report 2017-18 No. 3 in Dallas-Fort Worth and No. 6 in Texas
- S. News and World Report 2017-18 No. 19 in Gynecological Care
- National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) Level 4 Epilepsy Center accreditation