At Medical City Healthcare, we understand the sensitive needs of the elderly, which is why we offer a secure environment for senior patients in our care.
To learn more about senior mental health care, please call (855) 341-1025.
Senior mental health services
Behavioral health services for patients age 55 and older are available at Medical City McKinney and Medical City North Hills.
The treatment program at Medical City McKinney is designed to help patients reclaim their highest level of functioning and independence while coping with change and loss in their lives. The program's focus is to assist seniors in bringing balance to their lives, renewing social, physical and mental skills.
At Medical City North Hills, the team in the geriatric behavioral unit provides care for older patients experiencing fear, anxiety and depression.
Healthcare providers in the geriatric behavioral unit build customized treatment plans. The staff is expertly trained in behavioral health and has a special affinity for working with senior patients. The unit also offers geriatric inpatient psychiatric care.
Senior depression warning signs
In addition to common symptoms of depression, such as crying, change in appetite, sadness and loss of energy, the following are other warning signs that may indicate depression in older adults:
- Failing memory or confusion
- Isolation or increased withdrawal from others
- Delusions, hallucinations or other perceptual disturbances
- Neglect of personal or domestic hygiene
- Increased or decreased activity level
- Wandering, pacing, restlessness, disorientation or increased anxiety
- Uncharacteristic behaviors, such as cursing, fearfulness, incontinence, unsteady gait
- Striking out at caregivers
- Inability or refusal to comply with medical advice, medications, medical regimen or dietary limitations