Pediatric intensive care in North Texas
The pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) at Medical City Children's hospital provides advanced care and monitoring for children who are critically ill. The PICU medical teams consist of pediatric specialists who are ready to provide compassionate and comprehensive care for your child.
If your child is experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately or visit your nearest emergency room (ER). For non-emergency questions, call (972) 566-7111.
PICU in Dallas, Texas
At Medical City Children's Hospital, pediatric care is delivered by a specially trained team experienced in treating life-threatening illnesses in children. Our goal is to ensure your child feels comfortable while their care is in our hands.
The PICU is staffed by a dedicated 24-hour PICU team, including:
- Pediatric nurse practitioners
- Rehabilitation therapists
- Medical social workers
- Respiratory therapists
PICU treatments and services
Our PICU provides a range of treatments for children needing advanced care. Some of the treatments and services we offer include:
- Nitric oxide—This is used to help PICU patients experiencing respiratory failure.
- Flow anesthesia ventilator—This machine helps regulate the flow and dosage of anesthesia, adding precision during procedures.
- High-frequency oscillatory ventilation—This machine helps control lung pressure in children with respiratory dysfunction.
- Helium-oxygen treatments—These mixtures can be used to help children who are experiencing acute asthma attacks.
- Access to a critical care response team (CCRT)—The CCRT is a dedicated group of individuals with specialized training in stabilizing and treating critically ill patients.
Retrieving location data...