The Texas Two-Step Nursing Program, which is open to all Medical City Healthcare employees, provides a potentially life-changing opportunity for colleagues: the opportunity to become a registered nurse.
Through an academic partnership with Collin College and Tarrant County College, Texas Two-Step students receive financial support to earn an associate degree with minimal out-of-pocket expenses. In addition, the program provides supportive instruction and advisement to ensure success.
Once a student completes their associate degree, a partnership with Galen College of Nursing affords the opportunity to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing (BSN) with zero out-of-pocket tuition expense as well.
Benefits for students
- Medical City Healthcare will pay for tuition, books, computer programs, supplies and scrub wear for the entire program.
- Texas Two-Step faculty will be there every step of the way, helping with admission and serving as clinical instructors and adjunct faculty.
- Specialty training books and tutoring programs will be paid for by Medical City Healthcare.
- Graduates will interview for RN internships with priority placement in their sponsoring Medical City Healthcare facilities.
Medical City Healthcare admission criteria
- Must be in good standing with the facility; no disciplinary action or write-ups within the previous six months.
- Meet with your site coordinator for advisement once you begin prerequisite courses.
- Be able to work a minimum of 20 hours a week throughout the program (part-time or PRN is acceptable).
- Upon licensure, there is a two-year employment commitment and completion of BSN degree (2nd step).
- Completion of all seven primary prerequisites with a minimum grade-point average of 2.5:
- ENGL 1301
- BIOL 2401 (A&P I)
- BIOL 2402 (A&P II)
- BIOL 2420 (Microbiology)
- PSYC 2301
- PSYC 2314
- Completion of 8 to 10 BSN prerequisite courses is strongly encouraged.
Collin College admission criteria
- Complete the TEAS exam (Nursing School Aptitude Exam). The minimum score to apply is 56%. The higher the score, the more competitive you will be.
- Submit a completed application and all unofficial transcripts from every college attended to the Collin College Nursing Department.
- Submit a physical exam, complete immunizations and other necessary documents the semester prior to applying. See your site coordinator for assistance.
Tarrant County College admission criteria
- Complete the HESI A2 exam (Nursing School Aptitude Exam). A minimum composite score of 75 is required in all five categories. The higher the score, the more competitive you will be.
- Submit a completed application to the Tarrant County College Nursing Department.
- Submit a physical exam, complete immunizations (including Hepatitis A & B shots), and other necessary documents the semester prior to applying. See your site coordinator for assistance.
Get started today: Facility contacts
- Medical City Frisco, Medical City McKinney, Medical City Plano:
- Medical City Alliance, Medical City Arlington, Medical City Fort Worth, Medical City North Hills, Medical City Weatherford:
- Medical City Denton, Medical City Las Colinas, Medical City Lewisville:
- Medical City Children’s Hospital, Medical City Dallas, Medical City Green Oaks, Medical City Heart Hospital, Medical City Spine Hospital:
- Medical City Frisco, Medical City Plano:
“The Texas Two-Step Nursing Program gave me a chance when I thought I had none. The program gave me the opportunity to prove myself and pursue a career that has changed my life."
“Grateful is the first word that comes to mind when I think about the Medical City Healthcare Texas Two-Step Program. The program allowed me to learn in an encouraging, informative and empowering environment. It enabled me to create a strong foundation and will l continue to use the knowledge and experience I gained to build upon throughout my healthcare career.”
“I am proud to have been one of the first students of this nursing program, as it has grown beautifully. The program and Mr. Huey’s final push into it could not have come at a better time in my life. Being able to work while being financially assisted by our employer is a huge benefit HCA provides. It makes me happy to know we grow our own into caring and loving nurses.”
“The Two–Step Program provided me an opportunity to advance my career in healthcare. It has allowed me to grow as an individual and pursue my dreams!”