Srini Yallapragada, MD, an interventional cardiologist at Medical City Dallas, shares tips for staying heart healthy while staying at home, especially during the pandemic. Patients who are presenting with the most advanced heart disease are the ones who’ve been the most sedentary.
Here are a few of his tips:
- It’s time to start exercising again. Even just walking, while practicing social distance, can be helpful. Consider taking advantage of exercise videos that you can use at home.
- Be cautious about starting a high-intense workout regime. Seek medical advice before you begin.
- Eat a heart healthy diet and increase your intake of fruits and vegetables. Consider grocery or meal home-delivery services, if going out is a concern.
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
- Engage your family and friends through digital platforms so that you can stay connected to your support system.
Don’t forget to be consistent about practicing heart-healthy behaviors.
At Medical City Healthcare, we’re dedicated to the care and improvement of human life. So we hope you’ll Take Care!
Have an idea for a Take Care video topic? E-mail us with your suggestion.