February 01, 2018
25 Medical City Healthcare nurses recognized for excellence
Irving, Texas- Twenty-five Medical City Healthcare nurses have been named to DFW's "The Great 100 Nurses" list for excellence in nursing. This is the largest number of recognized nurses in the healthcare system's history.
More than 750 North Texas nurses were nominated by peers, patients or physicians and selected because they are role models, leaders, compassionate caregivers and significant contributors to the nursing profession. Honorees come from all practice areas in nursing, including acute care, sub-acute care, school nursing, nurse leaders, academics and more.
"I'm extremely proud that a quarter of this year's honorees come from the Medical City Healthcare system's nursing team," says Chief Nursing Executive Zach Mueller, RN. DNP. "This honor recognizes the passion and commitment to exceptional, compassionate care our nurses consistently provide across our entire division of North Texas hospitals."
Nurses from nine Medical City Healthcare facilities will be recognized during the 2018 DFW Great 100 Nurses Celebration at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center on April 18.
- Medical City Arlington: Cynthia Moseley, Michele Gray, Tamesha Tucker, Trang Nguyen
- Medical City Children's Hospital: Kim Carter, Sheryl Jutras, Terri Mannan
- Medical City Dallas: Marlo Cooper, Shivas Niduasa, Carol Wolf, Sonia Sims
- Medical City ER Grand Prairie: Jane Maza
- Medical City Fort Worth: Damita Williams
- Medical City Las Colinas: Jency Abraham, Rebecca Sumerford, Suzanne Cortez
- Medical City Lewisville: Laura Woodward
- Medical City McKinney: Dave Owen, Christine Law, Brandon Stark
- Medical City Plano: Bianca Duda, AJ Stephens, Linda Cook, Sandra Kingsbury, Tabitha South
About Medical City Healthcare
Medical City Healthcare is one of the North Texas region's largest and most comprehensive healthcare providers and includes 14 hospitals, more than 4,400 active physicians and 17,000 employees in North Texas. Three Medical City Healthcare hospitals are accredited comprehensive stroke centers and five hospitals hold the prestigious Magnet Recognized status from the American Nurses Association. Committed to the care and improvement of human life, Medical City Healthcare strives to deliver excellence always- providing the highest quality, cost-effective healthcare in the communities it serves. Part of Hospital Corporation of America(HCA), the nation's leading provider of quality healthcare services with 165 hospitals in the United States and England.