August 25, 2021
PLANO — Medical City Plano is an Excellence Award winner and a 5-star recipient in the 2021 Women’s Care Awards by Healthgrades, the leading resource that connects consumers, physicians and health systems. These awards and 5-star ratings indicate that Medical City Plano’s clinical outcomes are statistically significantly better than expected and places Medical City Plano among the national leaders in labor and delivery and gynecologic surgery.
“We are honored to be recognized by Healthgrades for excellence in labor and delivery and gynecologic surgery. Women in our community can take comfort knowing that they will receive high-quality, safe and compassionate care at Medical City Plano,” says Jyric Sims, CEO at Medical City Plano. “This recognition is further validation why so many women trust Medical City Plano as the destination of choice for women’s healthcare and the best place to have a baby in Collin County.”
Medical City Plano was recognized with multiple awards in 2021 for labor and delivery and gynecologic surgery, including:
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ for 2 years in a row (2020-2021)
- Recognized by Healthgrades for Superior Performance in Gynecologic Surgery for 2 years in a row (2020-2021)
- Among the Top 10% of Hospitals Evaluated for Gynecologic Surgery 2 years in a row (2020-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hysterectomy 3 years in a row (2019-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery for 4 Years in a Row (2018-2021)
- Five-Star Recipient for Gynecological Procedures in 2021
“Women can feel confident selecting a hospital recognized with a 5-star rating for providing exceptional women’s care. We comment the organizations that receive this achievement for their ongoing commitment to providing exceptional care for their patients,” said Brad Bowman, MD, chief medical officer, Healthgrades.
Medical City Plano is one of eight Medical City Healthcare hospitals honored for outstanding women’s services in the 2021 Women’s Care Awards, including Medical City Alliance, Medical City Arlington, Medical City Dallas, Medical City Las Colinas, Medical City Lewisville, Medical City McKinney, and Medical City Weatherford.