August 20, 2020
Lewisville, TX – Medical City Lewisville is an Excellence Award winner and 5-star recipient for Women’s Care as recognized by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for information about physicians and hospitals. The ratings indicate that Medical City Lewisville’s clinical outcomes are statistically significantly better than expected for labor, delivery, obstetrics and gynecology.
“These awards are a great honor and reflect our unwavering focus on providing high quality, safe care to our expectant mothers. It is even more meaningful to receive Healthgrades Excellence Awards for labor and delivery at a time when the community’s need for care within a safe environment is of utmost importance,” said LaSharndra Barbarin, CEO of Medical City Lewisville. “These recognitions reinforce why Medical City Lewisville is the destination of choice for women’s care in Lewisville and surrounding areas.”
Medical City Lewisville was recognized with multiple awards in 2020 for labor/deliver and gynecologic surgery, including:
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2020 Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2019-2020)
- Recognized by Healthgrades for Superior Performance in Labor and Delivery for 2 Years in a Row (2019-2020)
- Among the Top 10% of Hospitals Evaluated for Labor and Delivery for 2 Years in a Row (2019-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Vaginal Delivery for 6 Years in a Row (2015-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery for 6 Years in a Row (2015-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hysterectomy for 3 Years in a Row (2018-2020)
“Healthgrades recognizes hospitals for providing exceptional care in a variety of cohorts for women’s health, and those that achieve a 5-star rating are focused on delivering high quality care,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Healthgrades. “As healthcare trends continue to improve and evolve, patients who select a hospital that is a 5-star recipient can feel confident in their decision when it comes to women’s care.”
Medical City Lewisville is one of nine Medical City Healthcare hospitals honored for outstanding women’s services in the 2020 Women’s Care Awards, including Medical City Alliance, Medical City Arlington, Medical City Dallas, Medical City Las Colinas, Medical City McKinney, Medical City North Hills, Medical City Plano, and Medical City Weatherford.
Medical City Lewisville also received Healthgrades awards in 2020 for:
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment in Stroke
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Gastrointestinal Bleeds for 2 Years in a Row (2019-2020)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2020 Patient Safety Excellence Award™ for 3 Years in a Row (2018-2020)
- Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Patient Safety for 3 Years in a Row (2018-2020)
View Healthgrades hospital quality awards and methodologies.