November 03, 2022
Multiple specialties earn Healthgrades awards for industry-leading outcomes
Lewisville – Medical City Lewisville earned multiple recognitions for outstanding specialty services in the Healthgrades 2023 Specialty Care Ratings & Awards, including five-star ratings and care excellence awards.
Medical City Lewisville’s recent recognitions include:
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Diabetic Emergencies
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 3 Years in a Row (2021-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Colorectal Surgeries
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Pulmonary Services in 2023
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2023 Pulmonary Care Excellence Award™
“These recognitions reflect our physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and other essential colleagues’ unwavering dedication to providing high-quality, compassionate patient care,” says John Walker, CEO of Medical City Lewisville. “Exceptional quality outcomes are among the many reasons our communities turn to Medical City Lewisville as their destination of choice for healthcare excellence.”
Healthgrades, a leading resource that connects consumers, physicians and health systems, evaluates 31 of the most common conditions and procedures at nearly 4,500 hospitals across the country to identify the top-performing hospitals for specialty care. This year’s analysis revealed significant variation in patient outcomes between hospitals that received a 2023 Healthgrades Specialty Excellence Award and hospitals that did not receive an award.
“We commend Medical City Healthcare for its ongoing commitment to providing high-quality specialty care to patients,” says Brad Bowman, MD, chief medical officer and head of data science at Healthgrades. “Consumers can feel confident that recipients of the 2023 Specialty Care Ratings & Awards have demonstrated their ability to deliver consistently exceptional outcomes.”