August 11, 2020
Irving, TX–Medical City Las Colinas has received 5-Star honors for obstetrics and gynecology as recognized by Healthgrades, the leading resource that connects consumers, physicians and health systems. 5-star ratings indicate that clinical outcomes at Medical City Las Colinas for labor and delivery are statistically significantly better than expected. A 5-star rating was also earned in the categories for Gynecologic Procedures and Hysterectomy Procedures.
“These 5-star awards demonstrate the hospital’s commitment to quality and would not be possible without the collaborative focus, training and communication between our nursing staff and physicians,” says Daniela Decell, CEO at Medical City Las Colinas. “The recognition reinforces why Medical City Las Colinas is the destination of choice for women in Las Colinas, Irving and the surrounding area.”
The full list of recognitions from Healthgrades:
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™
- Superior Performance in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Top 10% of Hospitals Evaluated for Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2020
Labor and Delivery
- Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™
- Superior Performance in Labor and Delivery
- Top 10% of Hospitals Evaluated for Labor and Delivery in 2020
- Five-Star Recipient for Vaginal Delivery for 6 Years in a Row (2015-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery for 6 Years in a Row (2015-2020)
- Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™
- Superior Performance in Gynecologic Surgery
- Top 5% of Hospitals Evaluated for Gynecologic Surgery in 2020
- Five-Star Recipient for Gynecologic Procedures for 4 Years in a Row (2017-2020)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hysterectomy
“Hospital quality should be top of mind for consumers when they evaluate and compare hospital performance,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Healthgrades. “Women who select a hospital with a 5-star rating can feel confident in their choice knowing that these organizations are committed to providing exceptional women’s care to their patients.”
Healthgrades analyzed all-payer state data for 16 states for years 2016 through 2018. Healthgrades found that there is a significant variation in hospital quality between those that have received 5-stars and those that have not. For example, from 2016 through 2018, women having a hysterectomy in hospitals rated 5-stars have, on average, a lower risk of experiencing a complication while in the hospital than if they were treated by hospitals rated 1-star.
Medical City Las Colinas is one of nine Medical City Healthcare hospitals honored for outstanding women’s services in the 2020 Women’s Care Awards, including Medical City Alliance, Medical City Arlington, Medical City Dallas, Medical City Lewisville, Medical City McKinney, Medical City North Hills, Medical City Plano, and Medical City Weatherford.