February 26, 2020
23 Medical City Healthcare nurses recognized for excellence and compassionate care
Dallas, TX – An impressive group of 23 Medical City Healthcare nurses has been named to the elite DFW “The Great 100 Nurses” list. The annual celebration event recognizes and raises awareness of the significant contributions from more than 50,000 DFW nurses practicing in patient care, research, leadership, education and community service.
More than 850 North Texas nurses were nominated by peers, patients, physicians, and others. Honorees were selected because they are role models, leaders, compassionate caregivers and significant contributors to the nursing profession. They represent all practice areas in nursing including acute care, sub-acute care, school nursing, nurse leaders, academics and more.
“I’m extremely proud that Medical City Healthcare nurses comprise nearly a fourth of this year’s honorees,” says Chief Nursing Executive Zach Mueller, RN, DNP. “This prestigious recognition honors our nurses’ commitment to exceptional, compassionate care for every patient. And, it distinguishes their excellence not only at the bedside, but in the boardroom and within the educational community.”
Dedication to an exceptional nursing practice environment is a hallmark of Medical City Healthcare. Seven Medical City Hospitals hold the prestigious Magnet Recognized® status from the American
Nurses Credentialing Center. The credential is the highest international honor for professional nursing practice.
- Medical City Healthcare: Barbara Obot, Michelle Yeatts
- Medical City Arlington: Peter Celone, Candace Garland, Melissa Herman
- Medical City Dallas: Tracine Adame, Chris Croteau, Kylie Seitz
- Medical City Fort Worth: Jennelle Scroggins, Michelle Wildman
- Medical City Heart Hospital: Mark Sanders
- Medical City Las Colinas: Jenny Lynne Johnson
- Medical City Lewisville: Deborah Cates, Megan Gallegos, Gina Harrison
- Medical City McKinney: Allison Butler, Roland Helmuth, Kimberly Kennedy, Debra Miller, Michelle Moss
- Medical City North Hills: Cathy Barnett
- Medical City Plano: Brandy Brite, Beth Vaughn
The Great 100 Nurses will be recognized at a celebration event April 14 at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center.