November 03, 2022
Healthgrades assesses and validates hospitals across the U.S. for providing outstanding quality outcomes. Medical City Denton was among the hospitals recognized with multiple awards for services including outstanding appendectomy, cardiac, critical care, gastrointestinal neurosciences, orthopedics and vascular care.
“We are proud to be recognized for providing exceptional specialty care,” says Steve Edgar, CEO at Medical City Denton. “The teamwork from our remarkable physicians, nurses and support staff is exceptional and reinforces why Medical City Denton is the destination of choice for healthcare excellence.”
Medical City Denton is recognized for:
- Five-Star Recipient for Appendectomy for 3 years in a Row (2021-2023)
- One of Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Vascular Surgery™
- Five-Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2023 (2022-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures for 2 years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Diabetic Emergencies
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 4 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment Pancreatitis for 3 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment
- Five-Star Recipient for Carotid Procedures for 4 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Vascular Surgery for 4 years in a Row (2020-2023)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Vascular Surgery
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Vascular Surgery Excellence Award™ for 4 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
Healthgrades, a leading resource that connects consumers, physicians and health systems, evaluates 31 of the most common conditions and procedures at nearly 4,500 hospitals across the country to identify the top-performing hospitals for specialty care. This year’s analysis revealed significant variation in patient outcomes between hospitals that received awards and hospitals that did not receive an award.
“We commend Medical City Denton for its ongoing commitment to providing high-quality specialty care to patients,” says Brad Bowman, MD, chief medical officer and head of data science at Healthgrades. “Consumers can feel confident that recipients of the 2023 Specialty Care Ratings & Awards have demonstrated their ability to deliver consistently exceptional outcomes.”
Medical City Denton is among eleven Medical City Healthcare hospitals recognized for superior specialty care in the Healthgrades 2023 Specialty Care Ratings & Awards including Medical City Alliance, Medical City Arlington, Medical City Dallas, Medical City Fort Worth, Medical City Las Colinas, Medical City Lewisville, Medical City McKinney, Medical City North Hills, Medical City Plano and Medical City Weatherford.