May 28, 2020
Medical City Alliance has been designated a Level III Trauma Center by the Texas Department of State Health Services, making it the first and only hospital in north Ft. Worth to achieve this distinguished classification. A Level III Trauma designation reflects Medical City Alliance's dedication to providing optimal care for severely injured patients.
"This accomplishment serves as further evidence of our commitment to our community and the surrounding region," Medical City Alliance CEO Glenn Wallace said. "Medical City Alliance is committed to providing advanced trauma services in the north Ft. Worth area, eliminating the need for our neighbors to travel long distances for a higher level of care during an emergency."
The Level III Trauma designation is awarded by the Texas Department of State Health Services and involves an extensive survey process, following standards set by the American College of Surgeons. The voluntary process requires a commitment to providing comprehensive regional care for every aspect of injury, from prevention through rehabilitation including:
- 24-hour immediate coverage by board-certified general surgeons, as well as specialty coverage in orthopedic surgery, anesthesiology, radiology, critical care and other specialty surgical services
- Continuing education, injury and trauma prevention programs for staff and the community
- A comprehensive quality assessment program
Medical City Alliance treats about 1200 trauma patients annually with more than 40,000 emergency room visits each year. The hospital's dedicated injury prevention team has implemented an extensive community education and outreach program, collaborating with more than 15 local organizations. Over the last year, the hospital provided Stop the Bleed training to members of the Keller and Northwest Independent School Districts, as well as other preventative education to corporate and community partners.
As a Level III Trauma Center, Medical City Alliance also provides:
- Dedicated trauma resuscitation rooms in the 12-bed emergency department
- Dedicated trauma operating rooms available 24/7
- Dedicated 8-bed trauma and multispecialty ICU
- Continuous availability of orthopedic surgery, interventional radiology, laboratory services, radiology and blood bank
Medical City Healthcare has a long history of investing in the North Texas community to effect positive change, including a major capital investment initiative of more than $1.7 billion spent or committed over five years. Together, the Medical City Healthcare network of hospitals, surgery centers, off-campus emergency rooms and CareNow urgent care locations are unified in elevating the standard of care for all patients.