Outpatient rehabilitation clinic in Irving, Texas
The outpatient rehabilitation clinic at Medical City Las Colinas offers physical, speech and occupational therapy.
The rehabilitation team is a dedicated group of professionals who works closely with patients and their family members to establish individualized care plans. The ultimate goal is to improve patients' quality of life by helping them reach personal independence.
To learn more about the rehabilitation clinic, please call (972) 969-2010. For physical and speech therapy information, call (972) 969-2140.
The physical therapy team specializes in a wide variety of injuries and conditions for patients ranging in age from teens to seniors. Physical therapists treat movement dysfunctions through the use of therapeutic exercises, functional activities and manual therapy.
Our outpatient physical therapy services consist of:
- Acute and chronic orthopedic injuries and conditions
- Spine care—neck and back pain
- Pre- and postsurgical interventions
- Sports-related injuries
- Back pain related to pregnancy
- Balance/coordination deficits
- Dry needling
- Total joint replacement rehabilitation
- Vestibular dysfunction
- Neurological impairments and neuromuscular re-education
- Chronic pain
The speech therapy team specializes in treating speech, language, dysphagia (swallowing), voice and cognitive disorders. Speech-language pathologists create care plans that may include education, strategies and exercises to address any deficits.
We specialize in:
- Modified barium swallow studies, followed by diet modification and swallowing strategies as needed
- Swallowing and feeding therapy
- Expressive and receptive language therapy
- Cognitive therapy for memory and communication deficits
- Speech therapy for articulation and oral motor deficits
- Voice therapy
We collaborate with patients to develop plans that improve function and enable participation in activities of daily living. The occupational therapist performs skilled assessments of muscle strength, range of motion, sensation and coordination of extremities, prior to implementation of each treatment plan.
Outpatient occupational therapy provides the following services:
- Safety education/modification for home and work activities
- Neuromuscular re-education to facilitate movement to the upper body after a stroke or other neurological disorder, such as Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis and Guillain-Barre
- Postoperative treatment of most upper body injuries
- Strengthening exercises (including education for home exercise plans)
- Visual skills retraining
- Patient and family education
- Referrals for additional services
Pulmonary rehabilitation is an outpatient program that combines exercise training, education sessions and behavioral programs. Designed to help patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), this rehabilitation service can control symptoms and improve overall pulmonary care.
The main goal of pulmonary rehabilitation is to help patients restore their ability to function independently. As part of that goal, we help you:
- Reduce and control breathing difficulties and other symptoms
- Learn more about the disease, treatment options and coping strategies
- Learn to manage the disease and reduce dependence on health professionals and costly medical resources
- Maintain healthy behaviors, such as quitting smoking, good nutrition and exercise
Additionally, pulmonary rehabilitation can help reduce the number and length of hospital stays and increase patients' livelihood.
Physical therapy, speech therapy and pulmonary rehabilitation can all be scheduled by the patient. Patients can call or visit the clinic if they have a referral in hand or their physician has faxed the referral.
Scheduling for modified barium swallowing studies is done through Central Scheduling. Patients can call Central Scheduling at (972) 969-2105 to schedule if they have a referral in hand or their physician has faxed their referral.
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at Medical City Healthcare
Rehabilitation refers to the process of helping a patient recover from a serious injury or illness. Patients often have to regain strength and learn new ways of completing normal, daily activities. Physical therapy, a branch of rehabilitation, focuses on building strength and mobility after disease, injury or surgery.Learn about Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford