Experienced ER care in Las Colinas
Medical City Las Colinas in Irving, Texas, is here to help you with any medical emergency situation, ranging from minor injuries to life-threatening conditions. Our emergency room (ER) is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We triage our patients as soon as they arrive for short wait times.
If you or a loved one are experiencing an emergency, call 911 immediately or visit your nearest ER.
The board-certified emergency physicians and specially-trained nurses at our ER in Las Colinas offer quality, compassionate healthcare. We use advanced technology to provide up-to-the-minute information for attending physicians to manage critical conditions.
Our ER is equipped to limit wait times and quickly get you the emergency care you need. We provide:
- Immediate bedside registration and consultation with nurses
- Fast collaboration between physicians, nurses and support staff
- Diagnosis and treatment of minor to critical illness or injury
- State-of-the-art testing and diagnostics
- Fast treatment decisions leading to discharge or admission
Level III Trauma Center
Medical City Las Colinas was designated a Level III Trauma Center by the Texas Department of State Health Services in 2020. To qualify for this designation, Medical City Las Colinas dedicated its resources to operating as a trauma center for a period of one year.
As a Level III Trauma Center, Medical City Las Colinas provides:
- Dedicated trauma resuscitation rooms in the emergency department
- Dedicated trauma operating rooms available 24/7
- Dedicated 8-bed trauma and multispecialty ICU
- Continuous availability of orthopedic surgery, interventional radiology, laboratory services, radiology and blood bank
When to go to the ER
It's not always clear when an injury is severe enough to go to the ER. Here are some common symptoms and illnesses that should be treated at an ER:
- Fractures or sprains that you can't put any weight on
- Severe headaches, especially those including symptoms like nausea, dizziness or vomiting
- Struggling to breathe
- Symptoms of a stroke
- Symptoms of a heart attack
- A combination of fever or nausea, diarrhea and vomiting in children
If your child is experiencing a fever or nausea, diarrhea and vomiting, it is always a good idea to check for other symptoms and consult with your pediatrician as well as trust your instincts as a parent. Specially trained emergency pediatric staff at Medical City Las Colinas can help determine severity, underlying causes and treatment options for your child's symptoms.
Cardiac emergency care
One of the most common reasons for ER visits is chest pain. When you know the symptoms of heart attack you are able to get the life-saving care as soon as possible. Receiving fast cardiology care gives you the best outcomes for survival and recovery.
Accredited Chest Pain Center
To better serve our ER patients, Medical City Las Colinas is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, designated by the American College of Cardiology. This accreditation demonstrates our expertise and commitment to cardiac care by meeting or exceeding criteria for chest pain centers.
Advanced Primary Stroke Center
Medical City Las Colinas is also a certified Primary Stroke Center designated by the The Joint Commission. We are ready to treat patients experiencing stroke symptoms with specialized equipment, physicians, and processes for improved outcomes.
Arriving at our hospital ER
Our ER is conveniently located at the front of our building, as soon as you enter the parking lot from MacArthur Boulevard. You can pull up to the loading zone to drop off any patients, then park in our lot, free of charge. We are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Our address is:
6800 N. MacArthur Boulevard
Irving, TX 75039
Emergency care at Medical City Healthcare
Emergency care is the treatment of emergent medical conditions. It is generally performed in an emergency room, but can also refer to treatment in an ambulance. Emergency medicine physicians may treat patients with injuries or infections, in addition to life-threatening conditions.Learn about Emergency care
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City ER Burleson
- Medical City ER Flower Mound
- Medical City ER Grand Prairie
- Medical City ER Park Cities
- Medical City ER Red Oak
- Medical City ER Saginaw
- Medical City ER Stonebridge
- Medical City ER White Settlement
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford