Safely dispose of opioids and other medications at Medical City Healthcare hospitals
Opioid addiction is a national crisis. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated 2 million people in the U.S. suffered from an opioid use disorder and more than 67,000 Americans died from drug overdoses in 2018, with almost 70% attributed to opioids.
Medical City Healthcare and its parent company, HCA Healthcare, are working to Crush the Crisis.
Permanent Drug Take Back Boxes
Twelve Medical City Healthcare hospitals offer free disposal of medications, used and unused, with conveniently located drug take-back boxes. The boxes enable North Texans to safely and anonymously remove prescription opioids and other medications from their homes where the drugs are vulnerable to misuse, theft or abuse by family members and visitors, including children and teens.
How to return used and unused drugs and medications
The drug take-back boxes, which are compliant with Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) regulations, may be accessed, free of charge, any day of the year—not just on a specific drug take-back day.
- Any tablets, capsules and patches including Hydrocodone (Norco, Lortab, Vicodin), Oxycodone (Oxycontin, Percocet), Tramadol (Ultram), Codeine, Fentanyl (Duragesic), Morphine, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid), Oxymorphone (Opana)
- Needles, syringes, lancets, inhalers and liquids
Medical City Healthcare drug disposal sites
Medical City Healthcare facilities offering medication take-back boxes include:
- Medical City Alliance (Main Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City Arlington (Main Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City Dallas (Building A, First Floor Atrium)
- Medical City Denton (Main Entrance Lobby near the elevators)
- Medical City Fort Worth (Tower A Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City Frisco (Main Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City Las Colinas (Main Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City Lewisville (Main Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City McKinney (Main Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City North Hills (Main Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City Plano (Entrance C, on the west side facing Coit Rd.)
- Medical City Weatherford (Main Entrance Lobby)
Learn more about the opioid crisis and substance abuse
Concerned about substance abuse? Visit with a trusted medical specialist about treatment options.