Safely dispose of opioids and other medications at Medical City Healthcare hospitals
Prescription drug misuse is a public health crisis in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control, there were an estimated 107,522 drug overdose deaths in the United States during 2021, an increase of nearly 15% from the 93,655 deaths estimated in 2020.
Medical City Healthcare and its parent company, HCA Healthcare, are working to Crush the Crisis.
Permanent Drug Take Back Boxes
Twelve Medical City Healthcare hospitals offer free disposal of medications, used and unused, with conveniently located drug take-back boxes. The boxes enable North Texans to safely and anonymously remove prescription opioids and other medications from their homes where the drugs are vulnerable to misuse, theft or abuse by family members and visitors, including children and teens.
How to return used and unused drugs and medications
The drug take-back boxes, which are compliant with Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) regulations, may be accessed, free of charge, any day of the year—not just on a specific drug take-back day.
- Tablets or capsules in any packaging, medicated ointments, lotions or drops, liquid medications (in leak-proof containers), vape cartridges (without batteries) and pet medications
Not Accepted Items:
- Needles, syringes, lancets and illegal drugs
Medical City Healthcare drug disposal sites
Medical City Healthcare facilities offering medication take-back boxes include:
- Medical City Alliance (Main Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City Arlington (Main Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City Dallas (Building A, First Floor Atrium)
- Medical City Denton (Main Entrance Lobby near the elevators)
- Medical City Fort Worth (Tower A Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City Frisco (Main Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City Las Colinas (Main Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City Lewisville (Main Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City McKinney (Main Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City North Hills (Main Entrance Lobby)
- Medical City Plano (Entrance C, on the west side facing Coit Rd.)
- Medical City Weatherford (Main Entrance Lobby)
Learn more about the opioid crisis and substance abuse
Concerned about substance abuse? Visit with a trusted medical specialist about treatment options.