Medical City Lewisville is committed to providing comprehensive, patient-centered neurological care to patients in Denton County. The brain and spine specialists at our hospital are experts in all aspects of neurological diagnostics, pain management and neurosurgery.
Find a neurologist or call (855) 880-4625.
Neurological conditions treated
At Medical City Lewisville, neurological specialists treat a wide range of brain and spine disorders, including:
- Back pain and neck pain caused by degenerative disc disease, bulging disc and herniated disc pushing on nerve roots
- Neck pain and arm pain caused by degenerative neck arthritis
- Scoliosis in adolescents and adults
- Spinal fractures and instability related to trauma
- Spinal tumors
Expert stroke care
The neurologists and nurse practitioners at our hospital are on call 24/7 to treat patients experiencing a stroke. We provide advanced stroke care and offer deep experience in treating both hemorrhagic and ischemic strokes.
- Hemorrhagic stroke—A stroke caused by a ruptured blood vessel
- Ischemic stroke— A stroke caused by a blood clot or plaque blocking a blood vessel
Knowing the signs of stroke and acting quickly could save a life. The Stroke Program at Medical City Lewisville provides stroke education.
Additionally, our Stroke Rehabilitation program has received national recognition from The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval.
The brain and spine specialists at our hospital are experts in all aspects of neurosurgery, including:
- Spinal surgery
- Cranial surgery
- Oncology pain management
- Surgical neuro-oncology
- Vascular and aneurysm surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- Frameless stereotactic surgery
- Artificial disc replacement
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Transnasal pituitary tumor removal
Comprehensive neurospine care
We are committed to providing comprehensive, patient-centered neurological care. We offer an integrated treatment plan, which means that we will coordinate your care from the first office visit through preoperative care, surgery and postoperative therapies.
The neurology team at Medical City Lewisville coordinates with imaging services and diagnostics and laboratory teams to diagnose conditions and create individualized treatment plans. We work with our surgery department and oncology team to ensure that each patient receives the superior surgical care he or she needs. We help patients recover with the aid of our physical therapy and orthopedic rehabilitation teams.
Minimally invasive neurological surgeries
The neurosurgeons at Medical City Lewisville are experienced in surgery technologies designed to shorten patient hospital stays, reduce blood loss and reduce postoperative swelling and scarring.
These minimally invasive procedures include:
- Minimally invasive craniotomy for tumors and facial pain
- Cervical decompression
- Cervical fusion
- Lumbar decompression
- Lumbar fusion
- Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion (TLIF)
- Scoliosis surgery
- Spinal fusion for instability
Where to go for neurological care
For emergency stroke treatment, our emergency room (ER) is located on Ray Dunning Boulevard on the Medical City Lewisville hospital campus. There are two entrances, adult and pediatric, with a loading zone, so you can drive directly to the lobby doors. Parking is free. Our ER is open 24/7.
For brain and spine imaging, diagnostics or surgery, use the main entrance to the Medical City Lewisville hospital. Check-in at the administration desk, and our administrators will direct you from there. Park in the main parking lot. For your convenience, parking is free.
Neurological care at Medical City Healthcare
Neurological care is the practice of medicine that focuses on the treatment, function and diagnosis of diseases relating to the nerves and nervous system. Neurologists and neurosurgeons treat disorders that affect the brain or spinal cord.Learn about Neurological care
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Spine Hospital, a Medical City Dallas Facility
- Medical City Weatherford