Advanced weight-loss surgery solutions
The Bariatric & Metabolic Institute at Medical City Fort Worth incorporates medical, nutritional, psychological and surgical components to help you lose weight and reclaim your overall health. The multidisciplinary team performs an evaluation prior to surgery and provides follow-up treatment to help you make sustainable changes in weight loss.
To learn more about the full scope of bariatric services we offer at Medical City Fort Worth, please call (817) 347-1129.
Expert bariatric surgeons in Fort Worth, Texas
As a Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) accredited facility, we are focused on delivering the highest level of care. We offer a full range of weight loss surgeries, including:
- Gastric bypass (Roux-en-Y) — During this procedure, a surgeon will staple a small pouch in the stomach. The rest of the stomach is divided and the new stomach pouch will empty into the small intestine.
- Sleeve gastrectomy — During this procedure, the surgeon creates a sleeve of the stomach with a stapling device. The remaining portion is removed. This procedure also results in a decrease of the hunger hormone.
- Duodenal switch — This is when the surgeon combines a sleeve of the stomach with a bypass of the intestines. The duodenal switch blocks up to 80 percent of fat calorie absorption, leading to lasting weight loss.
- Gastric banding — During this procedure, the surgeon will place a band around the upper part of the stomach. The band restricts the amount of food that can be consumed at a meal and allows nutrients to be fully absorbed into the body.
- Revision surgery — If you have experienced inadequate results or complications from a previous bariatric surgery, we offer revision procedures to help you reach your weight loss goals.
Robotic weight loss surgery
As part of our commitment to providing you with the most advanced medical treatments, we also offer robotic bariatric surgery. Robotic surgery allows the surgeons to perform a more precise procedure with less scarring, less blood loss and a quicker recovery time.
Scheduling your bariatric surgery
To schedule your bariatric surgery, call our clinic at (817) 347-1129. Next, you'll complete pre-admittance testing and and discuss which weight loss surgery is the best option for you.
Attend our Bariatric Support Group
Our free Bariatric Support Group gives you an opportunity to learn from a keynote speaker and receive encouragement in your weight loss journey. We meet on the first Thursday of every month from 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. in Classroom AB at Medical City Fort Worth.
To join the Bariatric Support Group, please register online.
Attend our Bariatric Seminar
During our Bariatric Seminar, you will learn about the different weight loss surgery options we offer and meet a bariatric surgeon. This free event takes place one Wednesday every month from 6 p.m. - 7:20 p.m. in Classroom AB at Medical City Fort Worth.
To attend our free Bariatric Seminar, please register online.
Bariatric surgery at Medical City Healthcare
Bariatric surgery, also commonly referred to as weight loss surgery, is generally performed on patients struggling with obesity. There are several types of bariatric surgery, but they all aim to decrease food intake with the goal of rapid weight loss.Learn about Bariatric surgery