Surgical services in Lewisville, Texas
When you come to Medical City Lewisville for surgery, you can count on the highly skilled team to provide advanced care for a wide range of conditions. Whether you need inpatient or outpatient surgery, our goal is to provide individualized care for your specific needs. We also offer robot-assisted surgery to give you a more precise procedure with decreased recovery time.
To learn more about the surgical services we offer, please call our Ask a Nurse free, 24-hour nurse line at (833) 612-1999.
Comprehensive surgery close to home
We want to make your surgery experience as comfortable and safe as possible. The board-certified physicians and nurses will walk with you from surgery preparation to recovery.
We offer a variety of minimally invasive procedures, including:
- Weight loss surgery
- Breast surgery
- Gastrointestinal (GI) surgery
- Cardiac surgery
- Oral and maxillofacial facial surgery
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgery
- General surgery
- Gynecologic surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Plastic cosmetic and reconstructive surgery
- Podiatric surgery
- Spine surgery
- Urologic surgery
Advanced robotic surgical technology
To give you a more accurate procedure, the physicians and staff use state-of-the-art, robotic technology. This allows your surgeon to have:
- Greater range of motion
- High-definition, 3D visibility
- Ability to access parts of the human anatomy not possible with conventional open or laparoscopic surgery
- Capability to perform complex procedures that may not have previously been possible in a minimally-invasive capacity or would have required a larger incision
This advanced technology offers an alternative to open surgery and conventional laparoscopy, with benefits such as:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- Shorter recovery time
- Better clinical outcomes (in many cases)
Day Surgery Center
Our Day Surgery Center operates as a full service surgery unit, providing both inpatient and outpatient procedures. Featured procedures we offer at the Day Surgery Center include:
- Laser photoselective vaporization of the prostate (PVP)
- Endometrial ablations
- Outpatient blood transfusions
- Intravenous (IV) therapy
- Pain management/injections
- Other minor procedures as prescribed by your physician
Planning your visit to the Day Surgery Center
A registration representative will call you prior to surgery to preregister you for your procedure. The Day Surgery Center is located on the first floor just off the main lobby of Medical City Lewisville. When you first arrive at the hospital, check in with the receptionist in the lobby.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please notify the Day Surgery Center as soon as possible at (469) 370-3140. Additionally, if you develop a fever, rash, cough, cold or other illness, call your physician as soon as possible as it may be necessary to postpone your surgery.
What should you bring?
Please bring your insurance card(s), driver’s license and, if applicable, any of the following: written referral form, pre-certification number from your health plan, co-payment and a list of your current medications and allergies.
Please make arrangements for someone to drive you home and have someone stay with you for 24 hours following your surgery.
Surgery at Medical City Healthcare
Surgery is a branch of medicine that involves treating diseases or injuries by adjusting or removing organs, tissues or bones. Surgery includes both necessary procedures like cardiac surgery, or elective procedures such as joint replacement.Learn about Surgery
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Argyle, a Campus of Medical City Denton
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Decatur
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Spine Hospital, a Medical City Dallas Facility
- Medical City Surgical Hospital - Alliance, A Campus of Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Weatherford