When you or a loved one comes to Medical City Fort Worth for emergency stroke care, you are in trusted, experienced hands. Committed to high-quality care, we were the first Fort Worth hospital to offer a dedicated stroke program.
From rapid diagnosis to rehabilitation, you can trust the stroke experts at Medical City Fort Worth.
If you think you or a loved one are experiencing a stroke, please call 911 immediately.
Accredited stroke treatment in Fort Worth
We are very proud that our hard work and dedication to quality stroke care has received national recognition. Our recognitions include:
- Level I Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Texas Department of State Health
- Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center by the DNV GL
Advanced stroke care
Our neuroscience center features lifesaving technology used to target and surgically remove blood clots from the brain. The doctors at Medical City Fort Worth are prepared to provide lifesaving stroke services in your critical time of need.
Stroke symptoms—act F.A.S.T.
Last year, 795,000 Americans experienced a stroke, and many of them did not seek treatment in time.
You can help save lives and improve stroke recovery by thinking F.A.S.T. Remembering what these letters represent can help you recognize the signs of a stroke so you can seek out treatment quickly.
- Face drooping — Does one side of the face droop or feel numb? If they try to smile, is it uneven?
- Arm weakness — Is one arm weak or numb? If they raise both arms, is one arm drifting downward?
- Speech difficulty — Is speech slurred? Are they unable to speak? Are people having trouble understanding them? Ask them to repeat a simple sentence, such as, "The sky is blue.” Is the sentence repeated correctly?
- Time to call 911 — If you or someone you know shows any of these symptoms, even if the symptoms go away, call 911. Go to the hospital immediately. Check the time, so you'll know when the first symptoms appeared.
Additional stroke symptoms
Beyond the "F.A.S.T." symptoms, additional stroke symptoms include:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the leg
- Sudden confusion or trouble understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden difficulty walking
- Loss of balance or loss of coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
Expert emergency care at Medical City Fort Worth
The emergency room (ER) at Medical City Fort Worth provides 24/7 emergency care for stroke patients in Tarrant County. Our ER is located at the corner of Ninth Avenue and West Humbolt Street. Follow the signs to a small ramp that leads to our ER building. There is a patient drop-off zone at the door. Free parking is available next to the building. For your convenience, additional free parking is also available throughout the hospital campus.
Our address is:
800 Ninth Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76104
Stroke at Medical City Healthcare
A stroke is a medical emergency where blood flow to the brain is either reduced or stopped, depriving brain tissue of essential oxygen and nutrients. A stroke may cause loss in brain function and affect movement and speech.Learn about Stroke
Retrieving location data...
Find care at these locations
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford