Damage to any part of your back or pressure on the nerves in your spine can affect your quality of life, but you don't have to live with back pain and debilitating symptoms. The spine doctors at Medical City Fort Worth provide complete care for back pain and spine disorders. No matter what type of discomfort you have, you can find relief.
To learn more about spine care at Medical City Fort Worth, please call (855) 807-5292.
Our approach to spine care is to minimize healing time while allowing you to return to normal activities as soon as possible. To that end, we offer a high level of expertise in treating spinal disorders.
Your spine doctor may recommend noninvasive care or surgery for your back pain and can help you create a treatment plan tailored to your diagnosis and health goals. If your doctor has suggested surgery, you may have options. Spine surgeries offered at our hospitals include:
- Spinal fusion: During a spinal fusion, your surgeon will fuse vertebrae together. This is the most common procedure for spine conditions, including scoliosis.
- Laminectomy: Your surgeon will remove parts of the bone, bone spurs or ligaments in your back. A laminectomy relieves pressure on nerves and can ease pain or weakness.
- Discectomy: During a discectomy, your surgeon removes all or part of a spinal disc or discs.
- Disc replacement: Your surgeon will replace a damaged spinal disc with an artificial one.
- Interlaminar implant: Your surgeon will implant a U-shaped device between vertebrae. The implant helps keep the space between the vertebrae open. This eases the pressure on your spinal nerves.
- Arthroscopy: Your surgeon will fix tears in your spine's soft tissues and cartilage. This can reduce pain and improve your range of motion.
- Specialized cervical disc surgery: Your surgeon will remove damaged cervical discs. These discs are in the neck, connecting the skull to the upper spine.
- Robot-assisted spinal fusion surgery: Your spine doctor may use robot-assisted technology for:
- Lumbar, thoracic and cervical spinal fusion
- Degenerative disc disease surgery
- Surgery for traumatic spinal injuries
- Spinal instability due to scoliosis, fracture, etc.
Spine surgery in Fort Worth, Texas
Only a small percentage of patients need spine surgery. Back pain can often be treated with nonsurgical care. Your spine doctor may recommend anti-inflammatory medicine, ice, heat and/or gentle massage. If these options don't help, back surgery may offer relief.
Your orthopedic team will discuss whether spine surgery is an option. Noninvasive care, such as physical therapy, may also be recommended.
Spine Surgery Orientation Video
Are you looking to know what to expect during spine surgery? We’ve compiled a video to answer all of your questions including how to prepare for surgery, nursing care, therapy services, spine precautions and discharge planning. Click the button below to see to the video.
Spine surgery appointments at our hospital
Medical City Fort Worth is at the corner of Cooper Street and West Humbolt Street. We're a few blocks south of Interstate 30 at the intersection with 8th avenue.
Our address is:
900 Eighth Avenue
Fort Worth, TX 76104
Free visitor parking is available in front of the hospital. You can have your car valeted for free by pulling up under the overhang at the main entrance.
After parking, proceed inside the hospital's main entrance to check-in. Staff at the information desk can direct you to the department or physician's office for your appointment.
Spine care at Medical City Healthcare
Spine specialists, who can be orthopedists or neurosurgeons, diagnose and treat injuries, trauma and diseases related to the spine. Spine care doctors also offer care for herniated disk, nerve damage, sciatica, neck pain or chronic back pain.Learn about Spine care
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Spine Hospital, a Medical City Dallas Facility
- Medical City Weatherford