Rehabilitation institute in Denton County
Medical City Lewisville offers comprehensive rehabilitation services in Denton County through our Rehabilitation Institute with inpatient and outpatient facilities.
The Rehabilitation Institute is the only rehabilitation unit within an acute care hospital in the area. We are also the first hospital in Denton County to earn The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for our stroke rehabilitation program, and we have been voted Reader's Choice "Best Rehabilitation Center" in Flower Mound–Living Magazine for three years in a row.
To learn more about the rehabilitation institute at Medical City Lewisville, please call (469) 370-2530.
Comprehensive care from therapy professionals
Rehabilitation professionals are an important part of the recovery process. The physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists at Medical City Lewisville provide you with high-quality care, restoring your activity through comprehensive education and skilled therapeutic services.
Inpatient therapy program
Our programs are designed to eliminate the deficits of an injury or musculoskeletal condition and prevent it from returning. Through our inpatient rehabilitation program, we offer experienced, one-on-one therapy from certified rehabilitation nurses and therapists.
We provide a multitude of services and specialize in therapy for a variety of conditions and injuries, including:
- Brain injury dysfunction
- Cerebrovascular accident (stroke)
- Congenital (present at birth) abnormality
- Hip fractures
- Knee or hip replacements
- Multiple major traumas
- Neurological disorders (e.g., multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, polyneuropathy, Guillain-Barré)
- Spinal cord dysfunction
- Dorsal or lumbar spinal cord injury with paraparesis/paraplegia
- Cervical spinal cord injury with quadriparesis/quadriplegia
- Limited polyarticular rheumatoid arthritis, systemic vasculitides and osteoarthritis
- Cardiac, pulmonary and medically complex conditions
For orthopedic rehabilitation, please call our orthopedic nurse navigator at (469) 370-3800.
For patients who are in need of outpatient services, we offer:
- Neurological disorder treatment
- Pre- and postoperative care programs
- Assessment and treatment of foot, ankle, knee, hip, spine, shoulder, wrist, hand and elbow injuries
- Advanced evaluation and treatment of musculoskeletal problems, such as sports-related injuries or occupational injuries
- Injury prevention on the playing field as well as in the workplace
- Spinal injury evaluation and treatment
- Spine care educational programs
- Advanced manual therapy/mobilization of the spine and extremities
- Biomechanical evaluation for custom orthotics and braces
- Pre-driving assessments
- Functional capacity evaluations
- Work conditioning
- Ergonomic evaluations
- Gross and fine motor integration
For more information about our outpatient rehabilitation services, or to make an appointment, please call (972) 420-1775.
Where to find us
We are open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, from 9:30am - 6:30pm. We are also open on Wednesdays and Fridays, from 7:30am - 4:30pm.
Our address is:
475 West Elm Street, Suite 200
Lewisville, TX 75057
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at Medical City Healthcare
Rehabilitation refers to the process of helping a patient recover from a serious injury or illness. Patients often have to regain strength and learn new ways of completing normal, daily activities. Physical therapy, a branch of rehabilitation, focuses on building strength and mobility after disease, injury or surgery.Learn about Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford