Pediatric oncology in Dallas, Texas
As a specially designed pediatric facility, Medical City Children's Hospital is uniquely equipped to provide cancer care services to children in North Texas. In fact, Medical City Children’s Hospital was the first hospital in the Dallas-Fort Worth area to receive Magnet recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for excellence in nursing care.
Our Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Center features dedicated, compassionate pediatric specialists committed to providing leading-edge treatment for infants, children and adolescents with all types of pediatric cancer and blood disorders. We also strive to offer families the support and hope they need following a cancer diagnosis.
Our pediatric cancer unit includes:
- 12 patient rooms with 55-inch, high-definition (HD) smart televisions (TVs), built-in desks, shelves, closets and cubbies for storage
- A spacious family lounge with a computer, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, refreshments, and a 55-inch, HD smart TV
- Two playrooms (one for teens and one for children) stocked with games and toys
- Exercise bikes for patients
- A conference room with a computer and television for virtual consultations between physicians and patients
- HEPA filters to purify the air in all patient rooms and playrooms
Pediatric cancers we treat
We treat all pediatric cancers and blood disorders and provide complete clinical services, including state-of-the-art imaging and innovative treatment protocols. The types of blood cancer we treat include:
We offer a range of treatment options for pediatric cancer. Following a diagnosis, we'll tailor a treatment plan to your child's health needs. That treatment plan can include:
- Pediatric surgery
- Nonsurgical options, such as radiation therapy
- Blood and marrow transplants
Visiting our pediatric oncology unit
Medical City Children's Hospital is near the corner of Coit Road and Forest Lane, west of Highway 75. Our address is:
7777 Forest Ln.
Dallas, TX 75230
Our Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Center is in CareTower A - North on the sixth floor. CareTower A is on the west side of the medical plaza across from Medical City Dallas.
After entering the campus, follow signs to Medical City Children's Hospital. Street and garage parking are available for a small fee. Parking in the garage or lot costs $1 per hour or $4 per day, and street parking is metered.
Pediatric oncology at Medical City Healthcare
Pediatric oncology focuses on the treatment of cancers that occur in children, all the way from infancy to their teenage years. Cancer often manifests differently in children, as they are growing and developing. Pediatric oncology offers specialized cancer care to focus on the unique needs of childhood cancers.Learn about Pediatric oncology
Retrieving location data...