Childbirth and parenting classes
Medical City Frisco offers in-person tours and childbirth and parenting classes for breastfeeding, prepared childbirth and newborn baby care.
Birthing center in Frisco, Texas
The women's unit at Medical City Frisco offers an updated, luxurious atmosphere with 13 spacious delivery and recovery rooms. The staff at our hospital is committed to providing high-quality maternity, labor and delivery care for new mothers and dedicated attention to new babies.
Find an OB/GYN or call (972) 202-8761.
Childbirth services and amenities
When you choose to deliver your child at Medical City Frisco, you are choosing a hospital that offers world-class healthcare in a luxury environment. Our women's unit was created with you in mind and offers a range of amenities to ensure your comfort during your hospital stay. The labor and delivery care at our hospital includes:
- 13-bed labor and delivery/recovery rooms
- 3 dedicated operating rooms for planned and unplanned cesarean sections (C-sections)
- 10-bed newborn nursery equipped with a high-level infant security system
- Six-bed, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Childbirth preparation courses
- Pain management options, including choice of epidural, hot and cold therapy and intravenous (IV) pain control
- Skin-to-skin contact directly following birth
- Support for rooming-in (baby stays in the same room as mom)
- Lactation support for breastfeeding mothers
- Support for formula and pacifier use
- Cord blood donation and placenta options
We want you to feel comfortable with your delivery choice, which is why we support all types of birthing options, including doula support and vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC).
Our delivery rooms offer all the comfort and amenities you need to have a positive birth experiencing, including:
- Soft lighting
- Celebratory meal and City Gourmet room service meals
- 55-inch TV screen with a media streaming service
- Special hospital gown
- In-room breast pump
Take a virtual tour of the labor and delivery department at Medical City Frisco.
With us, you'll have the option to become familiar with your delivery environment prior to labor and delivery. Maternity tours of our women's unit are offered on a regular basis, providing you an opportunity to view our delivery and recovery rooms, the newborn nursery and NICU.
Maternity tours are free to attend but require registration in advance. Tours meet in the main hospital lobby.
Childbirth education classes
When it comes to welcoming your new baby, preparation is key. In addition to helping you design the delivery of your dreams, we can help you prepare for the birth of your child with our informative, practical childbirth classes, such as:
Neonatal intensive care
We take the health of our mothers and babies very seriously. Medical City Frisco’s Level III NICU provides specialty care for stable or moderately ill newborns. Should your baby need a higher level of neonatal intensive care, we offer seamless access to our network of Medical City Healthcare hospitals in North Texas, including a Level III NICU at Medical City Plano and a Level IV NICU at Medical City Children’s Hospital—the highest level of care available.
Labor and delivery at Medical City Healthcare
Just as every baby is unique, so is every delivery. As your partner in care, we provide a customized birthing experience that begins long before your first contraction and continues well after delivery.Learn about Labor and delivery
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Decatur
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford