Mommy & Me
Access an online version of the Mommy & Me resource book, featuring helpful information about the birth and care of your baby.
Complete maternity care in Fort Worth, Texas
At Medical City Alliance, you never need to compromise safety for style during your childbirth experience. The clinical excellence at our birthing center ensures no medical detail is overlooked. Your care is prioritized, and our teams are trained and ready for any possibility.
It’s all the comforts of home — that is, if your home was designed for a luxurious birthing experience. Each of our maternity suites at Medical City Alliance are elegantly appointed with soothing decor and offer plenty of room for you and your guests. It’s a safe, relaxing environment to spend your first hours with your baby. Some of our maternity services include:
- Labor and delivery care, including multiple pain management options
- High-risk maternity care
- Private Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with a family sleep room
- Breastfeeding support
- Childbirth classes
Our amenities for your personalized maternity care include:
- 10 private labor and delivery/recovery rooms
- 2 dedicated operating room suites for planned and unplanned cesarean sections (C-sections)
- 17 private postpartum rooms, equipped with couplet care beds
- 8 private Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) beds, with 24/7 access for parents
- NICU family sleep room
- In-house neonatal nurse practitioner (NNP) 24/7
- 2 International board certified lactation consultants
- 24/7 security and locked units
Take a virtual video tour of the maternity unit at Medical City Alliance.
In-person hospital and maternity suite tours
We offer guided tours of our Women’s Services floor at Medical City Alliance. Tour participants will learn about our maternity services, labor and delivery suites, postpartum rooms, nursery, neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and hospital amenities.
Tours meet on the second floor of the hospital building. For the safety of our patients, you will not be allowed to tour the maternity area unless you are accompanied by a registered nurse (RN) or tour guide. Please call (817) 639-1258 to register for an individual tour or go to the Classes & Events tab to register for a group tour.
Please note that tours are included in the Childbirth Class and meeting with the Birth Concierge, so you do not need to sign up for an additional tour.
Take a tour of a postpartum maternity room with couplet care bed.
Our labor and delivery amenities
You’re one of a kind. Your baby will be too. Why should your delivery be just like everyone else’s? Don’t settle. Choose a luxurious, spacious private suite. Decide on your delivery method, background music and mood lighting. Invite a doula. Have your baby tended to at your bedside or in the newborn nursery. Even choose your gourmet celebratory meal. At Medical City Alliance, it’s all about the birthing experience that’s right for you and your baby, which is why we offer:
- Natural birth aids (birthing balls, squat bars, birth chair)
- Supportive of most natural birthing techniques/approaches (pending physician approval)
- Spacious, elegantly appointed childbirth suites
- Quiet time hours
- In-room sleeping accommodations for your partner
- Celebratory meal
- Cord blood donation
- Same-sex partner support
- Adoption support
Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Should your baby need a higher level of care, you will have access to our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and NICU family sleep room. The NICU offers expert care for fragile infants of all gestational ages with a neonatologist or neonatal nurse practitioner on site around-the-clock.
Birth concierge program
Our registered nurse birth concierge is here to help you develop an individualized birth plan, select a pediatrician and establish an infant feeding plan. They are here to answer any questions you may have at any point during your pregnancy. The concierge can begin seeing you in your second trimester and continue after you and baby have gone home.
What to expect from your birth concierge nurse
Our concierge will meet with you one-on-one at the hospital to discuss how the program works, provide you with personalized educational materials and review information about what to expect throughout your pregnancy and delivery.
The birth concierge will give an overview of our birthing center, assist with pre-registration, discuss birth plan options, provide a hospital packing list, help with choosing a pediatrician and share information about our available childbirth, lactation and infant classes. During your visit, you will receive a tour of our women’s departments.
As you near your delivery date, the birth concierge will follow up with you in person or virtually to review any additional information for the last weeks of your pregnancy, talk about expectations when you come in to deliver and answer any additional questions you may have about your baby's birth day.
To learn more about the birth concierge program, please call (817) 639-1258.
Our childbirth classes and groups
Babies don’t come with a manual. Fortunately, we have all the information new and experienced moms and their families could want. We offer a flexible schedule of online prenatal classes to give you the fundamentals you need to start your amazing journey. Classes offered include:
- Online Basics of Baby Care Class — This class teaches skills such as changing diapers, dressing, swaddling, bathing and holding your baby. It covers a newborn's appearance, behaviors, health and safety and what to expect when you go home from the hospital. The cost to register is $30.
- Online Breastfeeding Class — This class teaches the benefits of mother's milk, how to identify feeding cues, how to know baby is eating enough and possible breastfeeding problems and solutions. We will also briefly discuss milk pumping and storage. The cost to register is $30.
- Online Prepared Childbirth Class — This class teaches you what’s happening to your body, how you’ll know when you are really in labor, helpful comfort techniques, advice for partners, an overview of medical procedures and much more. The cost to register is $35.
Once registered, the class will be available to you 24/7 for nine months from the day you first log into the class. To register for all three classes, please call (844) 497-6362 for a bundle discount.
Breastfeeding support group
This group’s goal is to enable mothers to learn from one another about their own successes and challenges with breastfeeding. Each group meeting is led by a board-certified lactation consultant. Moms and the breastfeeding baby are welcome, but other siblings are not able to attend.
There is no cost to join this group, but you must call (817) 639-1271 to register, as class size is limited. The group meets every Tuesday from 9:30am - 10:30am on the second floor of the main hospital building.
This group is not meant for mothers with severe breastfeeding problems and does not take the place of an outpatient visit. Please check with your insurance for information on a private lactation consult.
Labor and delivery at Medical City Healthcare
Just as every baby is unique, so is every delivery. As your partner in care, we provide a customized birthing experience that begins long before your first contraction and continues well after delivery.Learn about Labor and delivery
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford