At Medical City Alliance, you never need to compromise safety for style during your childbirth experience. The clinical excellence at our birthing center ensures no medical detail is overlooked. Neither mom's nor baby's needs are delayed for even a moment, and our teams are trained and ready for any possibility.
Maternity care in Fort Worth, Texas
It’s all the comforts of home — that is, if your home was designed for a luxurious birthing experience. Each of the 17 maternity suites at Medical City Alliance are elegantly appointed with soothing decor and offer plenty of room for you and your guests. It’s a safe, relaxing environment to spend your first hours with your baby. Some of our maternity services include:
- Labor and delivery care, including multiple pain management options
- High-risk maternity care
- Private Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with a family sleep room
- Breastfeeding support
- Childbirth classes
- Sibling classes
Our labor and delivery amenities
You’re one-of-a-kind. Your baby will be too. Why should your delivery be just like everyone else’s? Don’t settle. Choose a luxurious, spacious private suite. Decide on your delivery method, background music and mood lighting. Invite a doula. Have your baby tended to at your bedside or in the newborn nursery. Even choose your gourmet celebratory meal. At Medical City Alliance, it’s all about the birthing experience that’s right for you and your baby, which is why we offer:
- Spacious, elegantly appointed childbirth suites
- Quiet time hours
- In-room sleeping accommodations for your partner
- Celebratory meal
- Cord blood donation
- Same-sex partner support
- Adoption support
Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Should your baby need a higher level of care, you will have access to our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and NICU family sleep room. The NICU offers expert care for fragile infants of all gestational ages with a neonatologist or neonatal nurse practitioner on site around-the-clock.
OB Nurse Navigator Program
Whether you request to participate in the OB Nurse Navigator Program or are referred in by your doctor, our obstetrics-certified registered nurses are here to discuss your birthing preferences, options and care. They can help you develop a birth plan, select a pediatrician and establish an infant feeding plan, and they will answer any questions you may have at any point during your pregnancy.
You can choose how involved you want to be with the OB Nurse Navigator Program and how often you want to speak with your nurse navigator. Either way, they will give you special attention beginning in your second trimester and continuing after you and baby have gone home.
What to expect with the OB nurse navigator
Our OB nurse navigator will meet with you one-on-one at the hospital to discuss how the program works, provide you with personalized educational materials and review information about what to expect throughout your pregnancy. The OB nurse navigator will give an overview of our birthing center, help with pre-registration and share information about our available childbirth classes. At the end of the visit, you will receive a tour of our Women's Hospital.
As you near your delivery date, the OB nurse navigator will meet with you at your convenience to review some additional information for the last weeks of your pregnancy, talk about what you can expect when you come in to deliver and answer any additional questions you have about your baby's birth day.
Contact us about the OB Nurse Navigator Program
If you would like more information about our OB Nurse Navigator Program, please call (817) 639-1271.
Our childbirth classes and groups
Babies don’t come with a manual. Fortunately, we have all the information new and experienced moms and their families could want. We offer a flexible schedule of both traditional and online maternity classes to give you the fundamentals you need to start your amazing journey. Classes offered include:
- Basics of Baby Care Class — This class teaches skills such as changing diapers, dressing, swaddling, bathing and holding your baby. We’ll also talk about a newborn's appearance, behaviors, health and safety and what to expect when you go home from the hospital. The cost to participate is $25 per couple.
- Breastfeeding Class — This class teaches the benefits of mother's milk, how to identify feeding cues, how to know baby is eating enough and possible breastfeeding problems and solutions. We will also briefly discuss milk pumping and storage. The cost to participate is $25 per couple.
- Childbirth Class — This class covers all aspects of childbirth: labor signs, pain management, inductions, labor interventions, what happens during delivery and postpartum self-care. You will also get a chance to participate in a tour of the hospital. The cost to participate is $65.
- Prepared Childbirth Class (Online) — This is an online version of our Childbirth Class. This class teaches you what’s happening to your body, how you’ll know when you are really in labor, helpful comfort techniques, advice for partners, an overview of medical procedures and much more. The cost to participate is $45.
Breastfeeding Support Group
This group’s goal is to enable mothers to learn from one another about their own successes and challenges with breastfeeding. Each group meeting is led by a board-certified lactation consultant or breastfeeding educator. Moms and babies are welcome, and pregnant mothers are also encouraged to attend.
There is no cost to join this group, and no registration is required. The group meets the third Thursday of the month from 10am - 11am on the third floor of the Medical Office Building next to Medical City Alliance.
This group is not meant for mothers with severe breastfeeding problems and does not take the place of an outpatient visit. Please call (817) 639-1271 to speak with a lactation consultant or to get a referral to a location that does individual consults.
Hospital and maternity suite tours
We offer guided tours of our Women’s Hospital floor at Medical City Alliance. Tour participants will learn about our maternity services, labor and delivery suites, postpartum rooms, nursery and hospital amenities.
Tours meet in the main lobby of the hospital, and leave promptly at the scheduled start times. For the safety of our patients, you will not be allowed to tour the maternity area unless you are accompanied by a registered nurse (RN) or tour guide.
Please note that tours are included in the Childbirth Class, so you do not need to sign up for an additional tour.
Labor and delivery at Medical City Healthcare
Just as every baby is unique, so is every delivery. As your partner in care, we provide a customized birthing experience that begins long before your first contraction and continues well after delivery.Learn about Labor and delivery