Quality imaging services in Frisco, Texas
The leading-edge technology and expert care offered at Medical City Frisco are two of the many reasons locals choose to have medical imaging procedures done at our hospital. Whether you need an ultrasound for diagnostic reasons, or X-rays for a broken bone, we are here for you.
Find a physician or call (972) 202-8761.
Medical imaging we provide
Our radiology and imaging services provide fast and reliable results. With these images and videos that examine the body's internal structures, doctors are able to better diagnose and treat our patients.
Teams in the imaging services (also known as radiology) department collaborate with laboratory specialists to manage everything from hematology to microbiology tests. Our laboratories are committed to high-quality service and patient-centered care.
We perform a variety of imaging procedures, such as:
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine imaging
- Endoscopy and upper endoscopy
Upper endoscopy procedure
Upper endoscopy or esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) is a diagnostic procedure that allows the physician to diagnose and treat problems in the upper gastrointestinal (UGI) tract.
For the procedure, you will swallow an endoscope, which is a thin, flexible, lighted tube. Right before the procedure, the physician will spray your throat with a numbing agent to help prevent gagging. The endoscope transmits an image of the inside of the esophagus, stomach and duodenum, so the physician can carefully examine the lining of these organs. The scope may also blow air into the stomach which expands the folds of tissue and makes it easier for the physician to examine the stomach.
An EGD may be performed to diagnose structural or functional abnormalities of the esophagus, stomach and/or duodenum. These abnormalities may include the following:
- Dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)
- Weight loss (loss of appetite)
- Upper abdominal pain or chest pain of a non-cardiac origin
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Intractable vomiting (continuous vomiting from an unknown cause)
- Strictures (narrowing) or obstructions
- Gastrointestinal bleeding and esophageal varices (enlarged veins in the esophagus)
- Inflammation and ulcers
- Tumors (benign or malignant)
- Hiatal hernia (upward movement of the stomach, either into or alongside the esophagus)
- Damage caused by ingestion of caustic substances (chemicals such as lye or household detergents)
Scheduling an imaging appointment
Your primary care physician or specialist can send their orders directly to us, or they may give you paperwork to bring in to your imaging appointment. All imaging services require doctor's orders before an appointment can be set.
Imaging services at Medical City Healthcare
Imaging services refers to the performance of imaging exams for better visualization and treatment of medical conditions. Different exams allow radiologists and physicians to view structures and activity within the body. Imaging exams are vital for diagnosis and there are a wide range of tests that can be performed.Learn about Imaging services
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Frisco
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford