First-class emergency care in Tarrant County, Texas
Medical City Alliance’s emergency room in Fort Worth, Texas, offers high quality care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our state-of-the-art facility is staffed by board-certified emergency physicians, specially trained nurses and physicians' assistants. We are dedicated to helping adults, seniors and children when they need emergency care.
If you or a loved one is experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately or go to your closest ER.
Emergency room services
Medical City Alliance offers ER services close to home, including:
- 12 completely private rooms
- Registered nursing staff with advanced certifications
- Negative-pressure room, to prevent airborne contamination
- Advanced imaging technology, including computed tomography (CT) scan, X-ray, fluoroscopy and ultrasound
- Medical laboratory with an on-site blood bank
- Staff pharmacist
- Equipped for women's health emergencies
We also serve the Fort Worth community with our freestanding emergency clinic, Medical City ER Saginaw.
Accredited emergency care
To better serve you, our ER is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, designated by the American College of Cardiology, and an Advanced Primary Stroke Center, designated by The Joint Commission, and the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association.
Specialized pediatric ER services
In addition to advanced, comprehensive adult emergency care, Medical City Alliance offers full-service emergency care, diagnosis and treatment for infants and children of all ages. It’s like having the pediatric emergency care of Medical City Children’s Hospital in your neighborhood—so you don’t have to go to a children’s hospital to find expert pediatric ER care close to home. Our staff and specially trained physicians provide the highest quality healthcare according to guidelines for care set by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the Emergency Nurses Association.
In accordance with the National Pediatric Readiness Project, Medical City Alliance has been equipped to ensure it meets essential guidelines and has resources in place to provide a safe and family-centered emergency experience, including:
- 24/7/365 emergency care
- Registered, emergency-trained nurses supported by pediatric child-life specialists
- Pediatric-friendly rooms and waiting area
- Pediatric pain management techniques
- Pediatric computerized drug dosing for safety
- 24/7 access to Medical City Children’s Hospital, including:
- Pediatric specialists
- Pediatric and neonatal children’s specialty transport team
- Seamless admission to Medical City Children’s Hospital if inpatient care is required
Arriving to our hospital emergency room
When you arrive to Medical City Alliance's ER, you can pull up directly to the door and park for free in our lot. Our ER wait times are posted for your convenience at the top of this page.
Emergency care at Medical City Healthcare
Emergency care is the treatment of emergent medical conditions. It is generally performed in an emergency room, but can also refer to treatment in an ambulance. Emergency medicine physicians may treat patients with injuries or infections, in addition to life-threatening conditions.Learn about Emergency care
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City ER Red Oak
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Frisco
- Medical City Green Oaks
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford