Diagnostic laboratories for breast health and neurology in Plano, Texas
Find high-quality and complex care at Medical City Plano. Expert pathologists study lab tests to provide your primary care physician or specialist with results to create a treatment plan, or to monitor an existing condition.
To find out more information about diagnostics and laboratory testing at Medical City Plano, call (972) 519-1536.
Diagnostic lab testing close to home
Our diagnostic and lab department provides simple to complex testing for a variety of medical conditions to assist doctors in effectively diagnosing, treating and monitoring patients. We provide testing for adults and children, and Medical City Plano's staff is trained with an emphasis on difficult pediatric cases.
Nationally recognized care
To better serve you, Medical City Plano's diagnostic labs are accredited by several medical organizations:
- College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) Program
- American College of Surgeons National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- American Board of Accreditation of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists (ABRET)
Breast imaging and labs
We provide comprehensive breast imaging services in Plano, including:
- 3D mammogram
- 2D screening mammogram
- Diagnostic mammogram
- Breast ultrasound
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy
- Stereotactic biopsy
- Bone densitometry
Breast cancer imaging
Our patients have access to advanced breast cancer treatment options, such as targeted radiation therapy. Radiation oncologists at our hospital also perform traditional radiation therapy and a range of other procedures to identify and treat breast cancer. We continually achieve accreditation by providing high-quality breast cancer care.
Neurological diagnostic imaging and labs
Electroneurodiagnostic (END) technology allows us to study and record electrical activity of the brain and nervous system. We offer a comprehensive list of END services, including:
- 24-hour inpatient epilepsy monitoring unit (EMU)—a three to four day inpatient stay in our neurosciences unit with round-the-clock monitoring for epilepsy patients
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)—test that measures and records the ongoing electrical activity of your brain for a variety of disorders
- Long-term monitoring—continuous video monitoring to record clinical events to aid in the diagnosis of seizures and other neurological disorders
- Ambulatory (outpatient) monitoring—for hard-to-catch seizures, the patient carries a portable recording box connected to electrodes applied to the head
- Evoked potential (EP) or evoked response—recording of electrical activity from the brain, spinal nerves or sensory receptors that occurs in direct response to external stimuli to determine the functional state of these pathways
- Intraoperative neuromonitoring—used to monitor the functional integrity of parts of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves during surgery
Coming in for diagnostic lab testing
Medical City Plano provides full-service inpatient laboratory services to our patients 24/7. We offer these services at our main campus and at Medical City ER Plano. All testing is performed by registered technologists and results are reviewed by radiologists who collaborate with your referring physician. All inpatient procedures require a physician referral.
We also provide outpatient services, available 24/7, at Medical City Plano's main campus. To contact the outpatient laboratory for more information call (972) 519-1536.
Diagnostics and laboratory at Medical City Healthcare
Diagnostic and laboratory testing are used to help further understand patient conditions. Diagnostic testing occurs when physicians require more information for evaluation and/or diagnosis of a patient. Examples of laboratory tests include biopsies, blood tests and urine samples.Learn about Diagnostics and laboratory
Retrieving location data...