Comprehensive surgery in Weatherford, Texas
When you need advanced surgery in Parker County, you can turn to the surgery team at Medical City Weatherford to deliver the care you need. We offer a full range of inpatient and outpatient surgery services in specialties such as gastroenterology, podiatry and urology.
To learn more about the surgery services we offer, please call our Ask a Nurse free, 24-hour nurse line at (682) 218-5230.
Surgical services we offer
Medical City Weatherford offers general and specialized surgical procedures. Many of these procedures are available on a same-day, outpatient basis. Our areas of expertise include:
- Breast surgery
- General surgery
- Pain management
- Pediatric dental
Robotic surgery allows general surgeons to perform delicate and complex operations with minimal incisions. Benefits of robot-assisted general surgery include:
- Small incisions for quicker healing and less scarring
- A 3D view inside your body
- Instruments that bend and rotate far more than the human hand
- Enhanced vision, precision and control
Robotic-assisted orthopedic surgery
Robot-assisted surgery for total knee replacement, partial knee replacement and total hip replacement enables surgeons to perform orthopedic joint replacement surgery with increased accuracy.
Robot-assisted joint replacement surgery procedures at Medical City Weatherford include:
- Robotic total hip replacement
- Robotic partial knee replacement
- Robotic partial knee resurfacing
- Robotic total knee replacement
Types of robotic surgery
Robotic surgery is also used at Medical City Weatherford to treat the following conditions:
- Gallbladder disease
- Hiatal hernia
- Gastrectomy for stomach cancer
Robotic hysterectomy is one of the most effective, least invasive treatment options for a range of uterine conditions. During this procedure, the surgeon performs the operation through one tiny incision in the navel. The navel almost completely conceals any scarring. The surgery can be performed in about one hour, with a typical hospital stay of 24 hours.
In addition to the surgical services offered at Medical City Weatherford, the Surgery Center offers outpatient procedures in the following areas:
- Pain management
- Pediatric dental
To reach the Surgery Center at Medical City Weatherford, please call (817) 341-2273.
What to know before your outpatient procedure
We encourage you to arrive one hour before your scheduled time, unless you are directed to do otherwise by your physician. If your physical condition changes (e.g., a cold or fever), notify your physician as soon as possible.
The Surgery Center is located at the following address:
905 E. Eureka St.
Weatherford, TX 76086
Preparing for surgery
- Bring a written list of the names and dosages of your current medications. Do not forget to list your medication allergies.
- Take a bath or shower the morning of surgery. Please wear loose fitting clothes for your comfort.
- Bring your health insurance card.
- Bring your medical directive/living will. A copy will be made and placed in your medical record.
- Do not eat or drink anything (including water, coffee, gum, candy and mints) before your surgery unless otherwise directed by your physician.
- Do not wear cosmetics, jewelry or contact lenses. Bring a protective case, if needed, for your glasses.
- If the patient is under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must sign the consent forms before treatment and should remain at the Surgery Center for the entire visit.
Going home after your surgery
You must arrange to have an adult drive you to and from the Surgery Center on the day of your surgery. Please make arrangements for someone to stay with you for at least 24 hours unless your physician requires a longer time.
Surgery at Medical City Healthcare
Surgery is a branch of medicine that involves treating diseases or injuries by adjusting or removing organs, tissues or bones. Surgery includes both necessary procedures like cardiac surgery, or elective procedures such as joint replacement.Learn about Surgery
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Spine Hospital, a Medical City Dallas Facility
- Medical City Weatherford