Stroke care in Fort Worth, Texas
When a stroke happens, it's crucial to seek medical attention immediately. At Medical City Alliance, we are committed to giving you the fast and comprehensive care you need. As a Primary Stroke Center designated by The Joint Commission, American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we offer patients in Fort Worth and surrounding areas lifesaving care to increase the chances of an optimal recovery.
If you think you or a loved one are experiencing a stroke, please call 911 immediately.
What are the symptoms of a stroke?
If you or a loved one is experiencing a stroke, it's important to seek stroke care and BE FAST:
- B – Balance: Is the person suddenly having trouble with balance or coordination?
- E – Eyes: Is the person experiencing blurred or double vision or a sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes without pain?
- F – Face Drooping: Does one side of the face droop or is it numb? Ask the person to smile.
- A – Arm Weakness: Is one arm weak or numb? Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
- S – Speech Difficulty: Is speech slurred, are they unable to speak, or are they hard to understand? Ask the person to repeat a simple sentence like, “The sky is blue.” Is the sentence repeated correctly?
- T – Time to call 911: If the person shows any of these symptoms, even if the symptoms go away, call 911 and get them to the hospital immediately! Time is brain.
Our goal is to provide education on stroke prevention and help you recognize the risk factors and symptoms of a stroke. Eating a healthy diet, quitting smoking, knowing your blood pressure, and maintaining a healthy exercise routine will go a long way toward prevention.
Getting to our ER
Our ER is located at:
3101 N. Tarrant Pkwy.
Fort Worth, TX 76177
Stroke at Medical City Healthcare
A stroke is a medical emergency where blood flow to the brain is either reduced or stopped, depriving brain tissue of essential oxygen and nutrients. A stroke may cause loss in brain function and affect movement and speech.Learn about Stroke
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford