Skilled medical imaging team in Plano, Texas
The outpatient radiology team at Medical City Plano is a group of dedicated individuals with many years of experience serving the local community. Together, we provide advanced imaging services and support referring physicians with efficient processes that benefit the patient every step of the way. From scheduling your appointment to reporting results, the goal of our outpatient diagnostic imaging center is to go beyond your expectations.
To find out more about imaging services at Medical City Plano, call us at (972) 519-1524.
Radiology in Collin County, TX
Full-service diagnostic imaging using state-of-the-art technology is offered at both our radiology department and outpatient diagnostic imaging center.
We are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA). We are also the official healthcare system of the Texas Rangers and official healthcare partner of the Dallas Stars.
A radiological exam is designed to capture an image or look inside a specific area of the body. Doctors can make an accurate diagnosis and recommend the best course of action.
All imaging is completed by highly competent technologists. Radiology interpretation and consultations are provided by board-certified radiologists with years of experience. We offer a multidisciplinary array of specialties and sub-specialties capable of providing expertise not typically found in other outpatient imaging centers.
In addition to expert care you can expect:
- Positive and compassionate staff
- Free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary light snack, bottled water and coffee
- Convenient parking
- Copies of your images on CDs ready in 10 minutes
Diagnostic imaging services
Our radiological imaging archiving system creates a high-resolution image and allows multiple practitioners to simultaneously view your digital image. The images can be instantly compared with any previous images made at all Medical City Plano imaging locations, creating a seamless approach to your diagnostic needs.
We strive to create a comfortable environment, which is why our female technologists provide all mammography services at Medical City Plano.
We provide inpatient, outpatient and emergency room (ER) imaging services, such as:
- Computed tomography (CT) scans—used to create detailed images of internal organs, bones, soft tissue and blood vessels
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)—using a magnetic field instead of radiation, this produces detailed pictures of nearly all internal body structures
- Ultrasound—images created by echoing sound waves from a handheld device (transducer) against the skin, or sometimes placed internally for women's health imaging
- Fluoroscopy—a type of X-ray with continuous imaging, usually with swallowed or injected dye, to show movement
- X-ray—2D images of the inside of the body captured using radiation with short wavelengths that can pass through the body
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scan—with the help of a radioactive injection doctors can view the location of tumors and the body's use of glucose
- Interventional radiology—a procedure to correct an abnormal condition, such as drainage of an abscess
- Neurointerventional imaging—medical specialty dedicated to the treatment of vascular disease involving the brain, neck and spinal systems
- Nuclear medicine—medical specialty that uses safe, painless and cost-effective techniques to image and, in some cases, treat disease
- Breast imaging—used to diagnose or treat conditions related to breast health, this type of imaging includes:
- Annual mammogram screening
- Breast ultrasound
- Stereotactic/ultrasound-guided breast biopsies
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA)
- Preoperative needle localization
Low-dose 3D X-ray
We were among the first hospitals in Texas to acquire a specialty low-dose X-ray system. This technology uses very small doses of radiation to capture high-resolution, 3D images for doctors to see inside the body, while reducing up to 85 percent of radiation exposure compared to traditional X-rays.
This technology is especially effective for diagnosing and treating spine, neurological and orthopedic conditions.
Scheduling a medical imaging appointment
Imaging services are offered within Medical City Plano's radiology department and across the street from the hospital at the outpatient center.
For the hospital radiology department
To schedule an appointment with the radiology center or to find out more information, call (972) 519-1524. All imaging studies require doctor's orders.
Our address is:
Medical City Plano
3901 W. 15th St.
Plano, TX 75075
For the outpatient center
We welcome walk-ins and appointments. For your convenience, we offer easy access to our parking garage and online registration. All imaging studies require doctor's orders.
- To schedule an appointment, call (972) 612-6500.
- For more information, call (972) 519-1537 or send us an email.
- We are open Mon - Fri: 7:30am - 4:30pm.
- The last appointment time available is for 4:15pm.
Outpatient Diagnostic Imaging Center
4001 W. 15th St.
Building 3, Suite 160
Plano, TX 75075
Fax: (214) 473-7284
Imaging services at Medical City Healthcare
Imaging services refers to the performance of imaging exams for better visualization and treatment of medical conditions. Different exams allow radiologists and physicians to view structures and activity within the body. Imaging exams are vital for diagnosis and there are a wide range of tests that can be performed.Learn about Imaging services
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford