Comprehensive emergency care in Plano, Texas
Medical City Plano serves Collin County and surrounding areas with a conveniently located hospital emergency room (ER) for 24-hour adult and pediatric care, every day of the year. Board-certified doctors and specially trained staff provide high quality, immediate care for cardiac emergencies, abdominal pain, poisoning, trouble breathing and traumatic injuries.
If you or a loved one are experiencing an emergency, call 911 immediately or visit your nearest ER. For non-emergency questions, call our Ask a Nurse free, 24 hour nurse line.
The emergency staff at Medical City Plano care for critically ill and injured patients while also prioritizing patient satisfaction. Technologically advanced amenities help us to do this, including digital tablets to enable patients to give and receive real-time feedback about their care. We also use technology to accommodate our diverse patient population through translation services and sign language communication.
At Medical City Plano we provide:
- Assessment and treatment for the most severe trauma cases
- Point of care testing—which allows for laboratory results in minutes
- Advanced technology and imaging services
- Registered nursing staff with advanced certifications
- A Level I Trauma Center
Level I Trauma Center in Plano
As a Level I Trauma Center, the highest designation level for trauma care, we specialize in treating severe injuries. We work with every department throughout the hospital—from neurological care for traumatic brain injury treatment to cardiology care. The trauma care team partners with physicians who specialize in different services to ensure proper care.
Pediatric emergency care
In addition to advanced, comprehensive adult emergency care, Medical City Plano offers full-service emergency care, diagnosis and treatment for infants and children of all ages. It’s like having the pediatric emergency care of Medical City Children’s Hospital in your neighborhood—so you don’t have to go to a children’s hospital to find expert pediatric ER care close to home. Our staff and specially trained physicians provide the highest quality healthcare according to guidelines for care set by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Emergency Physicians and the Emergency Nurses Association.
In accordance with the National Pediatric Readiness Project, Medical City Plano has been equipped to ensure it meets essential guidelines and has resources in place to provide a safe and family-centered emergency experience, including:
- 24/7/365 emergency care
- Registered, emergency-trained nurses supported by pediatric child-life specialists
- Pediatric-friendly rooms and waiting area
- Pediatric pain management techniques
- Pediatric computerized drug dosing for safety
- 24/7 access to Medical City Children’s Hospital, including:
- Pediatric specialists
- Pediatric and neonatal children’s specialty transport team
- Seamless admission to Medical City Children’s Hospital if inpatient care is required
Arriving for ER care
To reach our ER, enter the hospital campus from Coit Road, then follow the marked signs. You can pull up to the area in front of the ER doors to drop off patients. Free parking is available for patients and guests throughout the entire campus, and we also offer complimentary valet.
Our address is:
3901 West 15th St.
Plano, TX 75075
Emergency care at Medical City Healthcare
Emergency care is the treatment of emergent medical conditions. It is generally performed in an emergency room, but can also refer to treatment in an ambulance. Emergency medicine physicians may treat patients with injuries or infections, in addition to life-threatening conditions.Learn about Emergency care
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City ER Burleson
- Medical City ER Flower Mound
- Medical City ER Grand Prairie
- Medical City ER Park Cities
- Medical City ER Red Oak
- Medical City ER Saginaw
- Medical City ER Stonebridge
- Medical City ER White Settlement
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Frisco, a Medical City Plano Facility
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford