Cardiovascular services in Weatherford, Texas
As an Accredited Chest Pain Center, Medical City Weatherford knows the warning signs and delivers rapid treatment to patients in the early stages of heart attacks. This is important because rapid response can mean the difference between permanent heart muscle damage and complete recovery.
If you think you are having a heart attack, call 911 immediately. For non-emergency questions about our cardiology services, please call (817) 599-1459.
A skilled heart team is on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our comprehensive heart and vascular services include:
- Cardiac catheterization
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Inferior vena cava filter
- Left and right heart catheterization
- Peripheral intervention
- Permanent and temporary pacemaker placements
- Transesophageal echocardiogram
Heart attack warning signs
Sometimes, people may dismiss heart attack symptoms because they seem minor. However, it's important to seek emergency care if you experience:
- Discomfort in the center of the chest
- Discomfort in other areas of the body, including pain in one or both arms, the shoulders, back or jaw
- Shortness of breath
- Cold sweat, unusual fatigue, nausea or lightheadedness
The cardiopulmonary team provides service to patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The skilled and caring staff provide patients with heart and lung problems with the following diagnostic services:
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Holter monitoring
- Pulmonary function test
- Stress test
We offer a cardiac catheterization lab to provide patients with catheter-based procedures that treat a wide range of clinical problems, including coronary artery disease—a leading cause of heart disorders in the U.S. Catheter-based procedures are designed to improve outcomes and reduce the risks and recovery time associated with more traditional surgical approaches.
Among the many benefits of catheter-based interventions are:
- Shorter hospital stay
- Reduced risk of infection
- Minimal surgical scarring
We also offer electrophysiology studies to test the electrical system of the heart to find where an arrhythmia (abnormal heartbeat) is coming from. These results help your doctor decide whether you need medicine, a pacemaker, an implantable cardiac defibrillator, cardiac ablation or surgery.
We offer two specialized electrophysiology procedures:
- Cardiac catheter ablation: A procedure that uses radio-frequency energy to destroy a small area of heart tissue that is causing rapid and irregular heartbeats. Destroying this tissue helps restore your heart's regular rhythm.
- Biventricular implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD): A biventricular ICD may be used for patients who have severe left ventricular heart failure. This procedure provides a balanced method of controlling rapid heartbeat.
At Medical City Weatherford, our cardiac rehabilitation program focuses on patients who:
- Have heart disease
- Have a high risk for developing heart disease
- Have experienced a heart attack or angina
- Have undergone an angioplasty, coronary artery bypass surgery or valve replacement/repair
Our program looks at the whole person, creating an individual plan that combines supervised exercise, education and lifestyle changes specific to you–based on your age and abilities.
Enrollment in the cardiac rehabilitation program requires a physician's referral. Physicians can contact Central Scheduling at (817) 341-7342 or fax a referral to (817) 613-2307.
Where to find the cardiac rehab team
The cardiac rehab team provides services through Medical City Heart & Vascular Rehabilitation.
Our address is:
1121 Pecan St.
Weatherford, TX 76086
Cardiology at Medical City Healthcare
Cardiology is the medical treatment of the heart and parts of the circulatory system as they relate to the heart. Cardiologists specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions related to the cardiovascular system.Learn about Cardiology
- Medical City Alliance
- Medical City Arlington
- Medical City Children's Hospital
- Medical City Dallas
- Medical City Denton
- Medical City Fort Worth
- Medical City Frisco
- Medical City Las Colinas
- Medical City Lewisville
- Medical City McKinney
- Medical City North Hills
- Medical City Plano
- Medical City Weatherford