Cardiovascular services in Fort Worth, Texas
Medical City Alliance provides comprehensive cardiology services with a specialized focus on heart diagnostic testing. We prioritize early detection and treatment of heart disease, which is why we offer advanced technology to provide you with accurate and quick results of your heart's condition.
To learn more about cardiology services at Medical City Alliance, please call (817) 639-1362.
Heart diagnostic testing and procedures we perform
The cardiologists and nursing team at Medical City Alliance use the latest techniques and equipment to open blocked coronary arteries, ensuring your heart continues to perform properly.
Your cardiologist can provide a customized treatment plan specific to your condition. This may involve a scheduled test or procedure, including:
- Echocardiogram: A type of ultrasound test that uses high-pitched sound waves that are sent through a device.
- Coronary angiogram: A procedure that uses X-ray imaging to view the heart's blood vessels.
- Percutaneous coronary intervention: A treatment procedure that opens narrowed coronary arteries without surgery.
- Angioplasty: A procedure in which a thin, flexible tube (catheter) is inserted through an artery and guided to the place where the artery is narrowed.
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy: A form of therapy that uses a biventricular pacemaker to treat heart failure.
Knowing the status of your heart can help you get the care you need sooner, rather than later.
A cardiac catheterization (cardiac cath) is a nonsurgical procedure done to study the arteries that bring blood to the heart muscle and to check the function of your heart. During a cardiac cath, your cardiologist inserts a small, catheter into an artery and guides it into the heart using X-ray assistance.
The cardiac cath lab at Medical City Alliance features an image-guided system for cardiovascular and electrophysiology procedures. This system offers the latest technology to assist physicians in the pursuit of the best clinical outcomes possible. We offer patients:
- Bi-plane imaging: Pictures are captured on two planes, allowing physicians to view 3D images. This increases measurement and mapping of the heart. With more definition, physicians are able to improve clinical outcomes and reduce the need for additional procedures.
- Image intensifying: Images can be intensified without sacrificing resolution or subjecting the patient to additional radiation.
- Table side fractional flow reserve (FFR) and intravascular ultrasound (IVUS): Equipment needed during a procedure is now located beside the table on which the procedure is performed, eliminating the need for additional tools, reducing the time it takes to complete the procedure and placing resources at the physician's fingertips.
Where to find our cardiac cath team
The cardiac cath lab is located in the surgery department on the first floor of our hospital. When you enter the front lobby, please visit the front desk receptionist to assist you.
Cardiology at Medical City Healthcare
Cardiology is the medical treatment of the heart and parts of the circulatory system as they relate to the heart. Cardiologists specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions related to the cardiovascular system.Learn about Cardiology