Adult volunteers at Medical City Weatherford
Medical City Weatherford offers a volunteer program for adults. We invite you to join us in providing professional, supportive and dependable service to enhance the care of patients and the comfort of visitors.
Volunteers assist with these tasks:
- Staff information and registration desks
- Deliver flowers and patient mail
- Assist with indirect patient care in the emergency department, day surgery and other departments as needed
- Answer phones and perform clerical work
What are the requirements for volunteers?
Each volunteer at Medical City Weatherford is a valued member of our hospital team. We expect a good attitude, a gentle smile and a helping hand!
Volunteering in a hospital environment requires a special training and orientation program that is designed to provide for the needs of our patients and family members. To meet all regulatory guidelines, applicants must:
- Attend a hospital orientation
- Complete hospital-provided health screenings including a drug and TB test
- Agree to a background check
- Volunteer for a 4 hour shift at least 1 day per week; 3 weeks out of each month minimum
- Commit to 1 year of service minimum
- Attend training for specified placement area
- Meet other training or regulatory guidelines as needed
How do I become a volunteer?
Please take a moment and fill out the volunteer application. You can also pick an application up at the information front desk in the main lobby.