Getting started with Institutional Review Board
This submission guide was developed to assist Principal Investigators and Study Staff with assessing and addressing study related information prior to sending their submissions to Medical City Plano IRB. All Medical City Plano Institutional Review Board (IRB) forms are available on IRBNet.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) students wishing to use a Medical City Healthcare facility as their clinical site must submit an application in accordance with the DNP Project Approval Process.
All users must be a registered under Medical City Plano with IRBNet in order to access IRB forms, policies and guidance documents.
Instructions for registering with IRBNet
- Visit IRBNet
- Click on the ‘New User Registration’ link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Create your username and password. Fill out the required information.
Your password must contain 8 characters. Click ‘Continue’
Note: This system does not interface with Medical City Plano’s system, but you may choose to use Medical City Plano username and password if you would like.
- To add your affiliation, type the word ‘Plano’ into the search box. UNCHECK ‘Boards’ and ‘Sponsors’ leaving only ‘Research Institutions’ checked. Click ‘Display’. Select ‘Medical City Plano’ from the organization box. Click ‘Continue’
- Enter your contact information. Enter the email address you would like to Receive communications through the IRBNet system. (e.g. notification of IRB decisions, communications from your research team or administrator). Click ‘Continue’
- Review your provided information and edit as necessary. When you are satisfied, click ‘Register’
An email will be sent to the address provided in Step 6, with ‘IRBNet Activation Required’ in the subject line. Click on the link provided in this registration email to activate your account. Clicking on the link will take you to the IRBNet homepage.