Junior Volunteer Program
The Medical City McKinney Volunteer Auxiliary has canceled the 2022 program. We appreciate all high school students that have expressed interest in serving. We encourage students to check back in February 2023 about the 2023 summer program.
The Medical City McKinney Volunteer Auxiliary is now accepting volunteer applications.
All volunteers must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and submit a copy of their CDC card. Our volunteers are retirees and other adults seeking new adventures, and college students interested in healthcare careers.
Please follow the instructions on this page to submit an application. We're looking forward to welcoming you to Medical City McKinney.
Thank you for your interest in the volunteer program at Medical City McKinney. Members of the Auxiliary:
- Volunteer time to help patients, visitors and hospital staff
- Raise funds through the Gift Shop
- Raise funds through other fundraisers held throughout the year to purchase non-budgeted items for the hospital
Each year, the Auxiliary also offers a minimum of six scholarships to high school seniors interested in a career in the medical field., as well as makes donations to the Samaritan Inn, Community Food Pantry of McKinney, Serenity High School, McNeil Elementary School, and other charitable organizations.
Can you think of a better way to give back to the community in which you live and work? If you have a minimum of four hours a week to share, we encourage you to take the first step to join our wonderful family of volunteers.
What’s In It for You?
- You may learn or develop new skills, in addition to using or honing current ones.
- You may develop an interest in a particular skill or medical profession.
- Volunteering provides valuable work experience that young people need in applying for jobs, scholarship and college programs.
- You will receive the intangible rewards of contributing to patient care and recovery.
- You can make a difference and contribute to society by giving back to your community.
- You can make lifelong friends.
- Your personal health improves. People who volunteer on a regular basis are proven to:
- Less likely suffer from heart disease
- Less likely suffer from depression
- Visit the doctor/hospital less often
- Live over a year longer than non-volunteers
- You set a good example for children and grandchildren.
- But mostly...IT FEELS GOOD!
How Do I Get Started?
- Complete the adult volunteer online application or request an application from the front desk in the main lobby of the hospital. If you wish to have an application emailed to you, call (972) 547-8010.
- Schedule an interview by calling (972) 547-8010 .
- Following the interview, you will visit the Human Resources Department for additional items, including a background check, drug screen and TB test (all done at the hospital’s expense).
- When test results and background check clear, you will be scheduled for a three-hour hospital orientation, which is conducted from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Following orientation, you will visit with a placement coordinator, who will help determine a role that is best suited to your interests and skills.
- Now the fun begins!