Medical City Healthcare is taking proactive measures to help ensure the health and safety of patients, caregivers, colleagues and our communities.
COVID-19 Visitor Policy
Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, since patient care is the primary concern at Medical City McKinney, specific visiting hours have been established in order to enhance the quality of care.
Intensive Care Unit
Patients in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) must have quiet, non-stimulating extended periods of rest to promote healing.
If necessary, please designate a primary and secondary family member as contact persons for ICU personnel to call. Please be aware that no patient information can be given over the telephone. Any information released will be given only to the person(s) designated.
To provide the necessary environment for critical care patients, please observe the following:
- Visitors as designated by the patient only
- No children under the age of 16
- No more than two visitors at a time
- No flowers or candy and only limited personal items are allowed
- No food or drink at the patient’s bedside
Labor & Delivery
For patient safety, MCM has recently implemented a new process for visitors to labor and delivery, postpartum, nursery, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), pediatrics and second floor medical/surgical patients. Visitors must show a photo ID and pick up a “Visitor” sticker badge from the main nurse’s station. These are good for 24 hours before becoming void.
- 9:00am – 2:00pm
- 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
The NICU visiting hours could be subject to limitation based on the health condition of the baby. Otherwise, parents and grandparents are welcome in the nursery, except during the following shift change times:
- 7:00am – 7:30am
- 7:00pm – 7:30pm
NICU Visiting Regulations:
- No more than two visitors per patient are allowed at one time.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- Children may visit for brief periods at the discretion of the nurse.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests/treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
Visitor parking is available in the front of the hospital, as well as in the east parking lot. Patients and visitors are cautioned not to park in reserved areas or certain designated areas. Please be sure to lock your car. If you need assistance with your vehicle, please call the Security Department at (972) 547-8000
, ext. 4464.
The cafeteria is located on the first floor and is open daily:
- Breakfast - 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Lunch - 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Subway Sandwiches is open from 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Snacks and beverages are available 24 hours a day in vending machines that are located in the Emergency Department waiting area, and the first floor vending area near the cafeteria.
To connect to Medical City McKinney’s Wi-Fi High-Speed Internet service, follow these simple steps:
- Start with your Wi-Fi enabled device turned off.
- Turn your device on and ensure that it is connected to the “Guest_Access” SSID/Network Name.
- Launch your web browser. You should see the “Guest_Access” Welcome Page. Select your connection option. If you do not see the “Guest_Access” Welcome Page, you may need to configure the SSID or Network Name to “Guest_Access.”
- You are now connected and can launch your VPN, email or other Web software.
The Gift Shop, located on the first floor of the hospital, is staffed by volunteers and is open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. On weekends, hours of operation are limited.
The shop provides a variety of gift items, flowers, jewelry, magazines, greeting cards, candy and toiletries. Funds from the Gift Shop support scholarships, local charities and various needs throughout the community.